Wunderlist 2, a multi-platform task list application, was recently released by the Berlin company 6Wunderkinder. This universal tool allows users to access, update and add to their task lists from most any device with its seamless synchronization. Having a task list at one’s fingertips from anywhere is perfect to most, but no application is without its down sides.
Wunderlist 2 offers all the basic features one would expect in a task list app. Lists, tasks, notifications, synchronization, and reminders are all essential features which this app includes. It is available for free on the iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Mac and the Web, along with two Chrome Browser Extensions. For this review, the iPad, Android smart phone, Windows app, Web and Chrome Extensions were used.
So, let’s take a look at some of the notable pros and cons of Wunderlist 2.
Pros and Highlights
1. Invisible synchronization: There is no need to sync the app manually from any device. The Cloud Sync happens seamlessly behind the scenes. Changes to everything from tasks to the background chosen are seen immediately across devices.
2. Drag and Drop: Moving tasks between lists is simple by snagging, dragging and dropping items individually or in groups.
3. Read It Later: This Chrome Extension allows users to save their favorite websites for viewing later. A pop up shows the URL of the site chosen and allows users to save it to their Inbox, Read It Later or other list.
Cons and Lowlights
1. No Snooze: A snooze feature is available on most task list apps. Once a reminder pops up users are able to snooze their tasks for various amounts of time. This extremely useful and popular feature is unfortunately missing from Wunderlist 2.
2. No Notification Customization on Android: Although notifications can be set for email, push or in-app; sound choices and LED light customizations are not available on Android. This is disappointing for those Android smart phone users who prefer certain sounds or light indicators for their task reminders.
3. Cannot Assign Tasks: Wunderlist 2 allows users to invite contacts and Facebook friends to share lists. Unfortunately, sharing specific tasks with others does not seem to be an option.
Finding a task list application that can be used across all of the platforms offered by Wunderlist 2 can be difficult. If one can overlook the missing features and take advantage of the highlights, then this useful app can be a very powerful tool.