The minute the Zep samples arrived in the mail, we here at Lifestyle had some sink drains, bathtub units and toilets that needed special care. We used the 10 Minute Hair Clog Remover and it worked like a dream (we first removed the sink stopper and pulled out as much hair as possible); next we applied Crystal Heat Drain Opener Medium on a thoroughly clogged bathtub drain and it bubbled and boiled its way clean; lastly we used the Zep Disposal Citrus Deodorant in the kitchen and we could actually smell the clean scent of orange next morning. With those accolades, the Zep people have also send along some tips for our readers.
Zep Commercial Drain Care Tips
- Never pour grease down the drain! Instead, pour into a heat-safe and let it cool before throwing it away.
- Use a funnel when pouring drain cleaner down the drain to prevent the product from splashing back on the sink and counter.
- Maintain the health of your sink by regularly using a drain & disposal cleaner (such as the Zep Commercial Citrus Garbage Disposal Cleaner).
Bathroom Sinks and Bathtub Drains
- Brush your hair before getting in the shower or use a drain cover to prevent it from going down the drain.
- Maintain the health of your drains by treating them once a month. Liquid and powder drain care products deliver bacteria & enzymes to dissolve buildup in your pipes and regular use can keep your drains running free.
- If you do get a clog, use a drain care opener (such as the Zep Commercial 10 Minute Hair Care Remover or Zep Commercial Crystal Heat for really tough products) to get the pipes flowing free again.
Toilets and Septic Tanks
- Toilets need maintenance too, so use a toilet care maintenance product once a month to help break down the paper and waste that can cause buildup in those pipes (such as Zep Commercial Toilet Care Tune-Up).
- If you’re concerned about roots growing into your pipes use a product (such as Zep Commercial Root Kill) that targets and eliminates just the roots in your pipes. Treating your pipes at least twice a year can prevent a major problem in the longer term.