“Welcome to Myrtle Manor” is the newest reality show to join the lineup of reality shows on TLC. On Feb. 25 The Charlotte Observer published an interview with two officials of “Welcome to Myrtle Manor.,” which premieres on Sunday, March 3 at 10 p.m. ET
Set in the former Patrick’s Mobile Home Park on Highway 15 in Myrtle Beach, S.C., “Welcome to Myrtle Manor” will introduce viewers to the “everyday lives” of Myrtle Manors residents as the Patrick family works to renovate the trailer park.
Alon Orstein, vice president of production and development East Coast for TLC told The Charlotte Observer that “Welcome to Myrtle Manor” is a 10-part series, but since the series has not aired yet, no decision has been made yet about a second season.
When asked why this “residential site in the heart of Myrtle Beach” was chosen as the location of this series, Orstein answered:
“The town of Myrtle Beach is a massive tourist destination. We wanted to dig deeper and learn more about the local population and the town itself. We are also intrigued by the Patrick family and waned to follow their story of running a multi-generational, family-owned trailer park.”
“Welcome to Myrtle Beach” is jointly produced by The Weinstein Company and Jupiter Entertainment. For more information, follow “Welcome to Myrtle Beach” on Facebook and Twitter.
Here is a look at some of the cast members of TLC’s “Welcome to Myrtle Manor”:
- Becky: the newest landlord of Myrtle Manor. The trailer park has been in Becky’s family for years and her father has passed on the day-to-day responsibilities to Becky.
- Jeana or “Miss Jeana”: Becky’s aunt who has moved back to the trailer park after her 20 year marriage ended in divorce.
- Cecil: Becky’s father who is the official owner of the Myrtle Manor.
- Alyson: Becky’s youngest daughter. She is currently enrolled in business school and hopes to own Myrtle Manor in the future.
- Chelsey: the owner of a start-up hot dog business on wheels named Darlin’ Dog. Her constant partying puts her career in jeopardy.
- Lindsay: co-owner of the hot dog business with Chelsey. She would also rather party than work.
- Gina: she grew up in the trailer park but has since left. She is a co-owner of the trailer park’s hair salon, Tangulls.
- Roy: a former drag queen and also a co-owner of Tangulls hair salon.
- Taylor: a local club promoter. Although he has a live-in girlfriend, Jessica, he still enjoys being the king of the nightlife at the club.
- Jessica: Taylor’s girlfriend. Jessica likes to flirt and has a “unique style.”
- Anne: Taylor’s mother who enjoys drinking and distributing her words of wisdom throughout Myrtle Manor.
- Bandit: writes show tunes but his luxury trailer violates many health codes and Becky is considering evicting him.
- Shellie: the resident Wiccan at Myrtle Manor. Shellie owns a metal club named the Sound Hole.
Click HERE for more about TLC’s new reality show “Welcome to Myrtle Manor”