Tonight, the moon enters Virgo at 6:30 pm, ending the current moon void that we are in. This void of course is a gentle one, compared to what we might have been feeling during the end of the Leo moon. If you found yourself worrying or become easily agitated, feel free to use today as a rest day, being in a moon void of course, it might be the best thing to do!
As always, Tonight’s Moon Phase is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning that all information and celestial positioning is taken from real-life observation of the current night sky. I believe that the best way to learn something is to completely immerse yourself in it and learn from experience! I encourage everyone to take a step outside and get a good look at the sky for a week! Compare that to your life and see what you think! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS – CST.
Tonight’s Moon Phase – 87% Waning Gibbous
- Moonrise – 9:10 pm
- Moonset – 9:11 am, Wed., Jan. 31, 2013
- Moon Void of Course – 9:54 am – 6:29 pm. When the moon is “void of course,” the moon is uninfluenced by any zodiac sign. Due to this, we can expect increased clumsiness, hassles, delays, and false starts. You may find yourself feeling restless, easily bothered, and bored. I recommend that you do not do anything important today, as it might find itself to remain unfinished or turn out to be the wrong decision. Many people recommend that you do not do any prayers or spell work during this time, as it may dissolve before it comes to manifestation. Others will say that performing any workings during this time are just less powerful. Use your own intuition to decide if your spell or prayer should be performed today! If you do not trust your intuition, use a divining device, such as a pendulum.
- Moon in Virgo – Entering the stable, analytical sign of Virgo at 6:30 pm, we can expect our focus to turn towards the bigger picture of life, and you might even begin planning something that won’t happen until months from now. Use this time wisely, as many people often forget to view the big picture. It’s a great time to focus on practicality, being grounded, planning, scheduling, and being appropriately serious. It is also wise to avoid criticism when talking to friends or family, as the Virgo vibrations cause us to feel terrible for being criticized. Our bodies are also focusing on internal cleansing, so try eating fresh foods during this time.
- Waning Gibbous – As the moon cycle winds down, we find ourselves in a more relaxed mood as we rest to prepare for the waxing moon cycle. During the current waning moon, it is important that we get rid of something in our lives. If you have already begun removing something harmful from your life, continue your rituals and prayers! If you haven’t but would like to, there is always time to start! Simply use the waning moon as a guide. As the light leaves the body of the moon, the harmful thing in your life will leave, too. Use that comparison and symbolic approach to further boost your visualizations.
- Wednesday – Ruled by Mercury, today is the day of communication. To ensure that conversations go well, keep criticism to a low, encouraging the other to try something new, rather than telling them to change what they’ve done, if you must criticize at all.
- Numerology: 1 – Number one days vibrate with the energy of a new plan, idea, or lifestyle! You may have already been thinking about starting something new; I know that I have! Use today to focus on any planning you want to get done, but wait until after the void of course is completed.
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work – Planning, getting rid of bad habits, breaking down communication blocks, healing the body, any waning work, relaxing
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! Click here to Like me on Facebook! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.