Tonight, the moon is about halfway through Leo, transitioning us from increased pride to slight arrogance; as such, you will experience those around you seeming to be a little harder to work with as the day progresses into a deeper late Leo. On the plus side, today most likely feels like a good day to you, or one that’s better than most, as Leo tends to give very nice confidence boosts during this time. Keep an eye on your temper, patience, and ability to cooperate.
As always, Tonight’s Moon Phase is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning that all information and celestial positioning is taken from real-time observation of the current skies! I encourage everyone to take a step out into your nature and look up at your sky! If something can influence us so heavily, why not involve yourself more directly and learn from the real source? Go out and take that moon tan! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS – CST.
Tonight’s Moon Phase – 93% Waning Gibbous
- Moonrise – 8:11 pm
- Moonset – 8:36 am, Wed., Jan. 30, 2013
- Moon in Leo – The fiery, fixed sign of the Sun grants us a powerful boost in confidence today and increasing into tomorrow. Those easily affected by power and ego will most likely succumb to a more arrogant or entitled set of standards from here into tomorrow. For those of you who are sensitive but aware, you can combat this transition into what could be rude behavior by watching your words before you say them, bypassing and dropping any flares in heightened emotion. Steer clear of trying to appear as the better person today, and you’ll make it through unscathed! The Sun aspect of this sign is perfect for workings that involve success, wealth, health, and strong, masculine traits. During this waning moon, rid yourself of obstacles that would hinder those traits in your life! Avoid surgery or major work on the heart, ribs, spine, and spleen today. Keep yourself free of worry; you’ll only feel exhausted and worthless if you do not.
- Waning Gibbous – During a waning moon, the moon loses light, and if used in visualization, this idea can be a very powerful tool in removing harmful nuances in our lives. Imagine that the moon itself is you or your life, and imagine that the light that shines from it is something that is added to your life. During the waning cycle, imagine that the light is something harmful that has been added to your life, and feel that as the light leaves the surface of the moon, that thing leaves your life! Visualization and emotion is key, and the moon is a perfect tool.
- Tuesday – Ruled by Mars, we gain another hit of fire today! This makes today a very intense day if we are not careful. Today is the day of passion, war, and heat, so be careful not to let your emotions, words, or thoughts get out of control. One rogue idea will turn into a heated argument before you know it! Use today to work on removing hotheadedness, blocks from your sex life, violence, and anything that hinders you from being strong and independent.
- Numerology: 9 – Today vibrates with a good, positive energy, allowing us to feel that everything is going to go well today! We may also feel that we want to be more reserved today, only doing what we love to do most – focusing on a hobby, napping, eating, etc. Nine days are the perfect type of day!
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work – Removal of hotheadedness, blocks from your life, blocks from your sex life, violence, and anything that hinders you from being strong and independent and successful
Love Astrology? Want free daily moon updates to your inbox or feed? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article, under my photo! Click here to Like me on Facebook! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.