Tonight, as the moon continues its ride through the sign of Virgo, we find ourselves more willing, and even having the initiative, to work on the things that we have had planned for weeks! Everything feels as if it is falling into place, as far as timing goes, and you may even find yourself feeling a little bit better, as your mind sorts out anxieties. Do not be surprised, however, if you find yourself wanting to nap; with our brain working a little more logically, some of us might not be so used to the constant brain power!
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology; this means that all information and celestial positioning is taken from real-time observance of the current sky. I always encourage everyone to take a second to immerse themselves in what they are learning in order to get an amazing perspective on the subject! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS – CST.
Tonight’s Moon Phase – 90% Waning Gibbous
- Moonrise – 9:04 pm
- Moonset – 8:29 am, Fri., Mar. 1, 2013
- Moon in Virgo – The mutable Earth sign of the Virgin is amplified by the moon’s energy today, gearing us up to work on tasks we’ve been meaning to plan for a while, and with this new initiative also comes a brand new way of thinking! Logic imposes upon us, and if you’re a Pisces like me, this is a very welcomed feeling as our minds actually clarify for once! You will find yourself getting carried away by all of the things you want to do and get done, but remember, eight hours of sleep is very important! Use today to remove blockages from normal clarity of mind, logical thinking, plans, planning, and health. Work on balancing and healing the nervous system and intestines, and plan a trip to see your family soon. Be weary of bosses during a Virgo moon; they tend to come with more criticism and bad moods during this time.
- Waning Gibbous – The moon has started its decline back into darkness as the light of the moon decreases from day to day. This is strong symbolism for metaphysical workings. By taking the image of the light leaving the moon and coinciding it with our actual lives, we can literally remove harmful qualities from our lives. Use the mantra “As the light fades from the moon, ____ shall fade from my life as well,” visualizing the moon going from the current phase to the new phase and then the harmful quality fading as the light from the moon. Visualization, emotion, and willpower are key.
- Thursday – Ruled by Jupiter, Zeus, and Thor, today is all about success, power, masculine energy, and financial issues! Balance your checkbook, find and claim personal power, and learn the power of generosity today!
- Mercury in Retrograde – Mercury is currently in retrograde; find out what that means for you and how it affects your sign! Click here for this year’s Mercury retrograde calendar!
- Numerology: 9 – The month of February could not have ended on a more perfect number! The number nine vibrates with completion, universal love, and sympathy and compassion! Start next month by turning a new leaf in friendships and relationships! Who knows? You may find yourself in the shower coming to an understanding and epiphany about a friend you have been annoyed with!
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work – Forgiveness, compassion, leaving the old behind and opening yourself up to the new. Reduction magic. Reduce blockages from mental endeavors, plans, travels, success, power, masculine energies, and financial issues!
Love Astrology? Want to keep up with daily vibrations and celestial positionings? Subscribe to my column, Follow me on Twitter, or Like me on Facebook for free updates to new articles, recipes, and more! For questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Gazing!
Copyright 2013 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.