Making great tasting gourmet, coffee at home doesn’t have to be difficult. I was luckier than most, I learned how to much gourmet coffee by working for coffee shops. But if you haven’t been so lucky, you might want to pay attention to these pointers to learn how to make gourmet coffee at home. And as an extra-added treat, I’m including an easy Caramel Macchiato recipe that you can make at home. This java recipe will get your gourmet coffee habit kicked off to a good start.
Tips for Making the Best Gourmet Coffee at Home (Or Java that at Least Tastes Like It!)
- Grind only the coffee that you’ll use for each portion. Too much will make the coffee lose its flavor on the shelf.
- Don’t brew your coffee for longer than 5 minutes. If your coffee winds up having the musty taste in the pot, it has probably sat there too long.
- If you’re stumped at a birthday or an upcoming holiday for a gift, why not treat someone you love to the gift of coffee? There’s lots of coffee blends you can try that taste great and make wonderful additions to a coffee basket.
- Remember the smaller the grind, the stronger the coffee. If you don’t like strong coffee don’t brew it with small grounds. ‘Nuff said.
- Last but not least, make sure your water temperature is just below the boiling point. This is the temperature that squeezes the most flavor from the beans and allows you to make a great cup of gourmet coffee right in your kitchen.
Easy Caramel Macchiato Recipe
- Start with a 16 ounce cup of fresh, gourmet coffee.
- Make your foam, ensuring that it’s 160 F.
- Then fill the cup ¾ full with steamed milk
- Pour in ¾ oz vanilla syrup
- Add two shots espresso
- Top with foamed milk (make sure it goes to the rim of the cup)
- Drizzle caramel sauce on foamed milk and for extra yummy flavor, sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of the caramel and milk. And for extra added flavor, make your own homemade caramel sauce for your caramel macchiato recipe.
To find more sweet treat recipes to go with your caramel macchiato recipe, click on the links in the sentences below.
- Sweet popcorn recipe to make as a pre-game snack; Super bowl prep ideas
- Spiced poached pears recipe with cinnamon sticks
- Winter dessert recipes: Chocolate Tiramisu cake, truffles, mousse and more!
- 5 best chocolate recipes from the web plus chocolate news 12.10.12 (Video)
- Butter pecan cookies with Christmas cherries plus edible cookie bouquets (Video)
Follow me on Pinterest.