Your Beatles calendar for the week:
- The Beatles LOVE, Cirque du Soleil, Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Performances: Thursdays through Mondays at 7:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. No performances on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tickets: http://bit.ly/HRmbk4
- 1964: The Tribute: Feb. 1-2: Auburn, Wash. More info: www.1964thetribute.com.
- The Fab Four: Feb. 1: Denver, Colo. More info: www.thefabfour.com.
- Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles: Jan. 29, Spokane, Wash. Jan. 30, Seattle, Wash. More info: www.raintribute.com.
- Laurence Juber: Next scheduled show 7 p.m. March 7, Powerhouse Community
- Center, 1658 Coast Blvd., Del Mar, CA. More info: www.laurencejuber.com.
- The Fab Faux: Feb. 23, Easton, PA. March. 23, Glenside, PA. More info: www.thefabfaux.com.
- Beatles Brunch, 12 p.m. Saturday, B.B. King’s, New York City.
- “Made In Liverpool Sunday Show,” Beatles tribute, 14:30 UK Time, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information.
- “The Two of Us Monday Show,” weekly tribute to Lennon & McCartney, 18:00 Mondays, the Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information.
- “Saturday With the Beatles,” weekly Beatles tribute show with the Cavern Club Beatles, 8:30 p.m. Saturday, The Cavern Club, Liverpool. Information.
- Come Together Beatles Tribute Band, 7 p.m. Feb. 2, KJ Farrell’s, 242 Pettit Ave., Bellmore, N.Y. Information.
- Beatles tribute benefit: Featuring Abbey Road with proceeds to benefit the students at Our Lady of The Assumption School, 7 p.m. Feb. 2, Garrison Theater, Claremont, CA. Tickets: 909-973-3167. Information.
- London Beatles Day, celebrating 50th anniversary of “Please Please Me,” 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Jan. 27, Park Plaza, Sherlock Holmes Hotel, Baker Street, London, UK. Information.
- Jan. 27, 1967: Beatles sign a lengthy contract going nine years with EMI.
- Jan. 28, 1969: Beatles meet Allen Klein.
- Jan. 29, 1964: Beatles record German language versions of “I Want To Hold Your Hand” and “She Loves You” in Paris.
- Jan. 30, 1964: Vee-Jay Records releases single of “Please Please Me”/“From Me To You.”
- Jan. 30, 1969: The Beatles perform on the Apple rooftop, the famous rooftop concert.
- Jan. 31, 1964: Single “Sweet Georgia Brown”/”Nobody’s Child” with Tony Sheridan released in UK.
- Feb. 1, 1964: The Beatles’ “Meet the Beatles” album debuts on U.S. charts.
- Feb. 1, 1965: Capitol Records releases EP “4 By The Beatles” with “Honey Don’t,” “I’m a Loser,” “Mr. Moonlight” and “Everybody’s Trying to Be My Baby.”
- Feb. 2, 1963: Beatles begin British tour with Helen Shapiro.
- U.S.: “Nuns on the Run” (Harrison executive producer), 11:30 a.m. Feb. 4, IFC.
- “Live and Let Die” (McCartney theme song), 12:30 and 10:30 p.m. Feb. 9, G4.
- “Things We Said Today”: Each week, myself and Ken Michaels of “Every Little Thing” discuss the latest Beatles news topics. The latest show is “Magical Mystery Tour Revisited.” The show is available on iTunes (where you can subscribe to us), on Podbean.com and http://Fab4Radio.com. You can also subscribe to the show’s RSS feed or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Every Little Thing”: Jan. 30: Apple music set from other artists signed to the label. The show airs 8-10 p.m. ET on 88.7 WNHU, West Haven, CT, and can be streamed at www.wnhu.net. More info at www.kenmichaelsradio.com. The syndicated version can be heard on both Fab4Radio.com and Beatles-A-Rama.
- “Fab 4 Free 4 All”: Latest show: “Eleanor Rigby: Examined and Imagined.” Available on iTunes and at www.Fab4Free4all.com.
- “Beatle Brunch”: Jan. 27: A look back at the Apple rooftop concert. Show website: www.beatlebrunch.com.
- “The John Lennon Hour”: Weekly hour of John Lennon music and history hosted by Jude Southerland Kessler. 8 p.m. ET Sunday at Beatles-A-Rama. Available through iTunes.
- “Bertone Beatle Bonanza”: Episode 19: Part 1 of an interview with Henry McCullough. Website: http://bertonebeatle.libsyn.com/
- “Dennis Mitchell’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Jan. 26-27: Singer/songwriter Jeff Slate will discuss the upcoming Harrifest in Massachusetts. Plus the actual raw sound effects behind a number of Beatles records, and a set to the 12-string Rickenbacker sound. On radio stations in the U.S., Sweden, Canada, New Zealand, U.K. and Germany and online on MaccaRadio, Fab4Radio and Beatles-A-Rama and LV Classic Rock. Website: www.beatlesradioshow.com.
- “Chris Carter’s Breakfast With the Beatles”: Airs on Sirius / XM, Ch. 21 and KLOS-FM in Los Angeles at 9 a.m. ET. The Sirius show repeats at midnight ET. Website: www.breakfastwiththebeatles.com.
- “I’ve Got a Beatles Podcast”: “Please Please Me Turns 50.” Information: http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
- Breakfast With The Beatles hosted by Cha-Chi Loprete: 8 a.m. ET Sundays, WZLX-FM (100.7 FM) in Boston or streaming at www.WZLX.com (Click on Listen Live).
- “Breakfast With the Beatles”: With Host Terri Hemmert. Jan. 20: Peter Asher. 8 to 10 a.m. CT Sundays, WXRT in Chicago. Also streamed at http://wxrt.cbslocal.com/show/breakfast-with-the-beatles/.
- “On the Beat”: Hosted by Beatles author Spencer Leigh on BBC Radio Merseyside, not primarily a Beatles show, but a lot of the discussion focuses on the Liverpool music scene in the ’60s, often with those who were there. Airs Saturdays at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.) in the UK and archived online for a week after at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7sj.
- “Sounds of the Sixties”: Brian Matthews, who interviewed the Beatles on the BBC in the ’60s, hosts this weekly show featuring music by the Beatles and others from that decade. Programs air Saturdays and stay online for a week at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wqlv.
- “The Beatledd Fab Four Hour”: The program airs live from 7-8 PM ET and streams live online at http://wrkc.kings.edu. Edd Raineri is the host.
- “Beatles and Beyond”: Hosted by Pete Dicks. Available at http://www.quaywestonline.co.uk/.
- “Beatlesongs”: Hosted by Rob Leonard airs 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET Friday on 90.3 FM WHPC and streaming at www.ncc.edu/whpc.
- “Breakfast With the Beatles With Andre Gardner”: The show airs from 7 to 9 a.m. ET Sundays on WMGK-FM 102.9 and 7-9 a.m. PT on KSLX-FM 100.7 in Phoenix.
- “Just Four Guys”: New shows available at 4 p.m. ET Tuesdays at www.mvyradio.com.
- “Dinner Specials With May Pang and Cynthia Nielsen”: More info: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/maypang.
- “Mid-Evening With the Beatles,” from the Philippines, 5 to 9 a.m. Saturday morning Eastern time, at their website http://www.pbs.gov.ph/dzsr.
- “Across the Universe,” hosted by Glenn Calderone from 8-10 p.m. EST Tuesdays on Inravio.com. http://www.inravio.com/batu.html
Have a Beatles event you’d like added here? Send it to email@example.com with The Week Ahead in the subject.
(Copyright Stan. Please do not reprint in full on other sites without permission. Headlines with links, though, are fine. Posting any of our links to Twitter and Facebook is much appreciated.)
Don’t miss a minute of Beatles news. Subscribe to all of our Beatles columns: Beatles Examiner , Paul McCartney Examiner, George Harrison Examiner and Ringo Starr Examiner columns to keep up with what’s really happening with the Beatles.
To subscribe to this column, click the button above. And follow us on Twitter at @stevemarinucci and please use the hashtag #beatlesexaminer. We’re also Stan on Facebook and at www.ufollow.com or at www.pinterest.com.