You are what you eat, the old saying goes. If you are the Bistro Shrimp Pasta from The Cheesecake Factory, then you are in trouble.
The caloric mélange — it boasts more than 3,120 — was voted the artery-clogging winner of the Center for Science in the Public Interest’s seventh annual Xtreme Eating Awards, which were held on Sunday.
The dubious honor is conferred each year on the most oversized and least healthy restaurant meals. The loser in the contest is whoever partakes in these woeful eat-a-thons.
Take the Bistro Shrimp Pasta (please!). It has more calories than the The Cheesecake Factory’s vaunted and eponymous cheesecake. Drowning in a sauce of butter and cream, the dish deliver 89 grams of saturated fat.
Other concoctions that made the unfortunate cut include:
- The large Peanut Power Plus Grape Smoothie from Smoothie King (more than 1,460 calories and 22 teaspoons of added sugar).
- Crispy Chicken Costoletta, a second entry from The Cheesecake Factory, provides more calories (2,610) than an entire bucket of KFC Original Recipe Fried Chicken (2,550).
- Weighing in at 1,770 calories, the Bacon Cheddar Double from Johnny Rockets is more calorific than three McDonald’s Quarter Pounders with cheese. The weighty feast also packs 50 grams of saturated fat, just ten shy of an entire day’s worth.
- Johnny Rockets’ Big Apple Shake, a vanilla milkshake studded with chunks of apple pie, lays claims to 1,140 calories, 37 grams of saturated fat, and 13 teaspoons of added sugar.
- Tucking into an order of the Veal Porterhouse with red potatoes at Maggiano’s Little Italy is the equivalent of downing four Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pepperoni Pizzas. You rise from the table (if you are able) laden with 2,710 calories and 45 grams of saturated fat than when you started.
- California restaurant chain unveils burger made entirely of ground bacon
- NYC mayor follows up announced soda ban by celebrating National Donut Day
- Burger King adds bacon sundae, other caloric treats to menu
- Customer has heart attack while eating aptly named Triple Bypass Burger
- Death row inmate goes out on full stomach, ingests 29,000-calorie last meal (Photos)
- New Year’s resolution: The five least healthful fast food meals for kids
- How well do you know your fast food trivia? Take this test (Photos)
- The most persuasive argument against eating fast food you are likely to see
- Why McDonald’s burgers never look as good as the ones in the picture (Photos)
- School secretary fined for using $3,000 of school’s money to binge on fast food
Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook.