Iballz is the host of TacArmyRadio.com . This is a station that supplies today’s music and also covers local tunes. He agreed for an interview via email.
1. What is your name, what do you go by?
IBALLZ: Jerry, but been going by iballz since i was a kid. A FEW people call me Beezie. but thats a fam thing lol
2. Where are you located now, Where are you from?
IBALLZ: Station is ran out of my place in an undisclosed location lol. I was Born in Lakewood. Lived in the Tacoma, Parkland and Spanaway area my whole life
3. What is the meaning behind Tac Army Radio?
IBALLZ: Honestly me and my brother were talking about doing a radio station playing nothing but NW/Underground music. It was either Tac Army Radio or his Cocaine Radio, Smoke somethin bitch lol
4. How long have you been doing Tac Army Radio?
IBALLZ: Started the station on a free site back in 2011. Then went to a full fledged Dot Com later on that summer.
5. Is there anyone else that helps you with the station?
IBALLZ: My little brother and My girlfriend help behind the scenes
6. What made you first get into radio?
IBALLZ: The homie Star from Off Da Muscle Radio was askin for local music in Texas but i sent him stuff. But wasnt feelin the NW music so i decided. I will do what he is doin for the NW. S.L.A.P Support Local Artist Please. BAM OFFDAMUSCLE lol
7. Who are your influences as far as DJ personalities?
IBALLZ: Local, Dont know to many. DJ Iceman. Or you talkin Radio Djs? Everyone at Razor Tongue, Peek-a-boos Playhouse, The F.O.C.U.S group. Anyone Thats doin it to get the Underground out.
8. What type of music do you feature?
IBALLZ: Anything by anyone that wants to get their music out. Unless its poorly recorded or just sounds like ass.
9. Do you feature independent artists from other regions than the northwest?
IBALLZ: Honestly i have a few tracks from a couple people on the eastcoast. If i’m digging it, I will play it. Thats why Chief Keef or Future aint on rotation.
10. What type of music would you NOT play on your station?
IBALLZ: I will not play poorly engineered music. I will not play diss tracks or ::: Cough ::: horrorcore :::: Cough. Well a few peeps in that genre i’ll play.
11. What are your personal interests beyond music?
IBALLZ: I play a shit ton of video games. iballz on Xbox and Tactownrecords on Playstation. And i spend as much time with my kids as humanly possible.
12. You are known for your real, honest, in-your-face personality. Is there anything you want to see changed in the local scene?
IBALLZ: I wanna see less divas. Way to many people out think they are above everyone cuz they put out a mixtape that has more then 10 downloads. Just need to show support for other local artists. So what if you aint on the bill, go to a show. Buy a CD you aint on. That statement aint directed at everyone lol.
13. How can an artist submit a song to the station?
IBALLZ: Get at me on Facebook, Twitter @tacarmyradio or Email would work to. Tacarmyradio@gmail.com. And hit up the website www.tacarmyradio.com. And also have a YouTube page that has Shine, Review and just plain BSin vids. Search TacArmyRadio.
14. Do you have any shout-outs?
IBALLZ: Way to many. Everyone showing love to all levels of talent. SIC ILL, Josh Rizeberg, Razor Tongue, Peek-A-Boo, F.O.C.U.S, Dj Nanino, Dj Iceman, Blue Nose Music (All the Hounds) for dustin off my old beats. Everyone who has done interviews, sent in music, reposted the website. Alias:Alias, HotBox Ent. Anyone who takes the extra step to show new blood how to better their craft. And a eat a floppy to everyone who looks down at fellow artists, radio and Magazine cats. My Fam (Personal and Music). April,16Bit and A1 Yola. Everyone who showed, shows and will show Tac Army Radio love. Oh and to my pride and joys Jordan Thomas and Kaylee Rae. Daddy Loves you. BAM, Holla Atcha Boy.
Also check the official webpage – TACARMYRADIO.COM
IBALLZ on Twitter – @TacArmyRadio
OR email IBALLZ – email@example.com
– “IBALLZ” INTERVIEW BY DEMETRIUS “SIC ILL” JACKSON