Coming up on April 24-26 at Myrtle Beach is the SustainSC 2013 Conference & Expo, the fifth annual event. “SustainSC will focus on educating, training and preparing South Carolina businesses and citizens to build more sustainable communities throughout our state.”
The United States Green Building Council, South Carolina Chapter, (USGBCSC) will be holding it at the Hilton Resort from Wednesday April 24 at 8 a.m. through Friday April 26 at 5 p.m.
To be discussed are:
- the benefits of green building in South Carolina
- current and pending green building legislation
- emerging green jobs and business opportunities
- the LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating system
- products and services available to this emerging market.
The conference will offer:
- nationally recognized keynote speakers
- 18 educational sessions, 2 workshops and 2 plenary sessions
- GBCI, AIA, and PDH continuing education credits (CEUs)
- LEED® exam prep
- building tours of the Clemson Baruch Facility at Hobcaw Barony on Friday from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- an exposition hall featuring over 50 green building vendors.
People invited to attend include:
- building, design and construction professionals
- government officials
- nonprofit organizations
- utility providers
Click here to purchase tickets.
Click here for hotel reservations.
See the USGBCSC website for more details, a map, the schedule and ticket costs, or to sign up as a sponsor or exhibitor. Telephone Melissa Le Roy at 843.329.3131 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.