Football fans are anxiously waiting for their two favorite teams Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers to play the biggest game of the year on Sunday, February 3, 2013.
Super Bowl Sunday is a festive event every year and fans gather together and party to celebrate their favorite teams who made it to the championship game. With the festivities come a lot of food preparation, drinks and the Super Bowl half time show as entertainment.
This year’s Super Bowl performer is none other than the talented Beyoncé Knowles Carter. Beyoncé is sure to rock the house, as she is a true performer who sings and dances during her performances. Beyoncé will also be performing with special guest Destiny Child, her old group mates.
Super Bowl party food can be a fancy sit down dinner, or a total relax casual get together with beer, wings, salsa, and nachos. Since food is a big part of this day; however you choose to throw your Super Bowl party is up to you based on your own style and preference.
A staple Super Bowl food is wings. It was reported a week ago that there would be a shortage of wings but the National Chicken Council (NCC) put those rumors to rest. Fan can rest assure that they can have their favorite wings on Super Bowl VLVII.
Here are a few simple favorite recipes for your Super Bowl party.
Crispy Parmesan Wings
• 2 lbs. of chicken wings
• ½ cup of butter, melted
• ¼ garlic powder
• 1 cup of dry bread crumbs
• ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
• 2 tbs. of minced parsley
• ½ tsp. salt
• ¼ tsp. black pepper
1. In small shallow bowl, combine butter and garlic powder.
2. In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
3. Dip wings into butter mixture, than into bread crumbs.
4. Place on ungreased baking sheet; bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes until chicken juice runs clear.
• ½ lbs. of ground beef
• ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
• ½ cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
• ½ cup of round tortilla chips
• ½ cup of jalapeno peppers, diced
• ½ onions diced
• 1 tbs. of Montreal steak seasoning
1. In a medium bowl mixed diced onions and Montreal steak seasoning in ground meat.
2. In large skillet cook ground beef until brown. Remove from heat and drain excess fat.
3. Spread tortilla rounds to cover a large oven proof platter.
4. Spoon meat evenly onto tortilla chips.
5. Sprinkle cheeses and jalapeno on top of chips, Bake on 350 F for 5-7 minutes or unless cheese meat.
Shrimp Avocado Cocktail
• 1lb of large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail removed.
• 1 avocado peeled, pitted and cubed
• ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 12oz bottle cocktail sauce
• ½ tsp. hot pepper sauce (optional)
• 1 bag of pita chips
• Lime slices optional
1. In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, avocados and cilantro.
2. Stir in cocktail sauce and hot pepper sauce until evenly coated.