It turns out that spending time in one SciFi universe has just what a director needs to be beamed into another. Entertainment Weekly announced on Jan. 24, 2013 that “Star Trek: Into Darkness” director, JJ Abrams will direct the upcoming “Star Wars” movie, making him possibly the new science fiction movie go-to director.
Learn more about JJ Abrams’s work and what fans are saying about the SciFi film director’s new role in “Star Wars” by clicking on this link.
Said “Star Trek” director, JJ Abrams of his love of the genre
As a kid I was always a fan of special effects. Watching movies I was constantly trying to figure out how they did it, whatever the effect was. Star Wars was the first movie that blew my mind in that way; it didn’t matter how they did any of it because it was all so overwhelmingly and entirely great.
While him taking up the director’s chair on the franchise created by George Lucas will be another day or two more, fans of Abrams’s work can catch the newest installment in his “Star Trek” franchise, “Into Darkness.” That SciFi film introduces a new Trek villain in the form of one Benedict Cumberbatch of “Sherlock” fame and reunites audiences with Trek character favorites Captain Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Bones, Scotty, and Mr. Sulu. That SciFi movie beams into theaters May 17, 2013.
Sources: IMDb, EW, movieclipsTRAILERS
Read more about “Star Trek” and other SciFi/ Fantasy movies by clicking on the links in the sentences below:
- Upcoming Tom Cruise Movie: ‘Oblivion’ trailer reveals post-apocalypse cover up
- ‘Star Trek: Into Darkness’ prequel comic reveals Spock’s nightmares of Vulcan
- SFX magazine reveals Zachary Quinto as Spock to ‘Star Trek: Into Darkness’ fans
- ‘Twilight’ book author, Stephenie Meyer to produce ‘Anna Dressed in Blood’ (Video)
- Actor Jeremy Renner bewitches viewers in new ‘Hansel and Gretel’ trailer
- New Disney movies: ‘Oz: The Great and Powerful’ TV spot shows witches’ mayhem
- Zoe Saldana ‘Star Trek’ interview: Actress is mum on Spock/Uhura romance
- ‘Oblivion’ movie director talks plot, character in behind-the-trailer commentary
- Benedict Cumberbatch interview: Trek character lives in gray areas of good, evil
- Cumberbatch not Khan; Star Trek character’s name from early episodes
- Star Trek movie news: Into Darkness trailer starts nostalgic, ends frenetic
- All female superhero X-Men comic to break down gender barrier in comics
- Joss Whedon News: Marvel Comics’ S.H.I.E.LD TV pilot starts filming (Video)
- Shailene Woodley talks about being ‘excited to be’ MJ in the new Spider-Man (Video)
- Will and Jaden Smith crash land on a hostile earth in new ‘After Earth’ trailer
- Tom Cruise sorts through the destruction of earth, rubble in ‘Oblivion’ trailer
- Japanese trailer for Star Trek: Into Darkness reveals “Khan-ish” extra scene
- Star Trek: Into Darkness teaser trailer is part Terminator, part LOTR
Follow me on Twitter. Subscribe by clicking on this link to updates on the entertainment world right in your email box. It’s FREE!