“Project Runway” finally released the names of the 16 designers taking place in its 11th season. This is also the first ever “teams edition” of the reality competition show. TV by the Numbers released the list on Jan. 10.
The new season includes lots of changes. The first big change is that designer Zac Posen is going to fill in Michael Kors’ seat as judge. He has big shoes to fill. Kors is known as the feisty judge on the Lifetime show. He’s become a fan favorite, along with mentor Tim Gunn.
Another change is that viewers can play along each week with the show. There will be a Twitter sweepstakes that includes cash and prizes. Winners could receive between $1,000 and $10,000. Viewers can follow along on the social networking site to become a winner.
The list of the new designers includes:
- Amanda Valentine, 31 – Hometown: Lincoln, NE; Resides in Nashville, TN
- Benjamin Mach, 35 – Hometown: Sydney, Australia; Resides in London, England
- Cindy Marlatt, 59 – Hometown: Kent, WA; Resides in Kent, WA
- Daniel Esquivel, 48 – Hometown: Austin, TX; Resides in Austin, TX
- Emily Pollard, 24 – Hometown: Richfield, OH; Resides in Falls Church, VA
- James Martinez, 29 – Hometown: Dallas, TX; Resides in Dallas, TX
- Joseph Aaron Segal, 30 – Hometown: Framingham, MA; Resides in Providence, RI
- Katelyn Pankoke, 23 – Hometown: Parkland, FL; Resides in Chicago, IL
- Layana Aguilar, 28 – Hometown: Valadares, Brazil; Resides in New York, NY
- Mat Arthur, 30 – Hometown: Hammond, LA; Resides in New Orleans, LA
- Michelle Lesniak Franklin, 34 – Hometown: Portland, OR; Resides in Portland, OR
- Patricia Michaels, 46 – Hometown: Taos, NM; Resides in Taos, NM
- Richard Hallmarq, 40 – Hometown: Sacramento, CA; Resides in Sacramento, CA
- Samantha Black, 28 – Hometown: Bronx, NY/ Fairfield, CT; Resides in Brooklyn, NY
- Stanley Hudson, 45- Hometown: Pomona, CA; Resides in West Hollywood, CA
- Tu Nakchat, 26 – Hometown: Chacheangsao, Thailand; Resides in Springfield, VA
The 16 new designers will have to learn how to work with each other this season. They will split up into teams. This year’s designer will win $100,000 from L’Oreal Paris, a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine, a Hewlett-Packard technology suite and a fashion line at Lord & Taylor. The 11th season of “Project Runway” debuts Jan. 24 on Lifetime. Check your local listings for details.
More from this writer:
Click subscribe, follow her on Twitter, like her on Facebook and email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©Chanel Adams, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA snaptwig.com.