LOS ANGELES (January 29, 2013): Check out an exclusive video preview of “Guitar Center Sessions” with Kinky performing “Hasta Quemarnos” right here on snaptwig.com via the LA Rock Music Examiner. Guitar Center provided this video as an exclusive just for Examiner readers. The full session will be presented on February 8, 2013 at 10 p.m. PST on DirecTV’s Audience Network. Please check out http://gc.guitarcenter.com/sessions/ for more information about Kinky’s interview and performance.
Kinky is a five member band originally from Monterrey, Mexico which consists of members Gilberto Cerezo, Ulises Lozano, Carlos Chairez, Omar Gongora, and Cesar Pliego. Their music is a mixture of rock, dance, and techno, but the Latin influence pours through each song. They sing mostly in Spanish but some of their songs contain lyrics in English. They are signed with Sonic360 Records. The band currently live in Los Angeles.
Guitar Center Sessions is an award-winning live performance and interview music television series created, developed and produced by Guitar Center and hosted by Nic Harcourt. The series aims to provide artists with a credible platform to expose their music and stories to a large audience. The series focuses on conversations relevant to the artist’s craft and creative process. Previous guests have ranged from Peter Gabriel, Weezer, Jane’s Addiction, Alanis Morissette, The Cult, CAKE, Jakob Dylan, Blondie, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Bush and Peter Frampton. Upcoming artists include Andy Allo on February 22, 2013 and Skylar Grey on March 8, 2013.
KCRW Presents and The Conga Room at LA Live present a live performance by Grammy nominated Spanish-language alternative rock group “Kinky” Thursday, January 31st at 9 p.m. for ages 21 and over. For tickets, please visit the Conga Room.
To subscribe, like, or see even more music articles by Diana Diaz her Examiner page, or please check out:
- Kinky talk: Exclusive interview preview from ‘Guitar Center Sessions’ (Photos)
- Silverlake Jubilee year 3 gets Kinky (photos)
- Kinky – expert funky grooves in a terrific opening set for Molotov
- Ozomatli represents for LA at Coachella (photos)
- Molotov – an explosive performance at the Nokia Theater (with Kinky) (photos)
- Coachella – Friday night Crystal Castles, Caifanes, Chemical Brothers, Interpol (Photos)
- Maná contemplate performing at Coachella someday(photos)
- The Mystery of Maná: how a band sold out 4 nights at Staples Center