The biggest fashion show of the year appeared on Oscar’s red carpet last night, Feb. 24, showcasing the best-dressed celebrities Hollywood has to offer, with a few questionable mentions leaving viewers pondering; What where they thinking?
Of course, the following is only the opinion of the Women’s Style Examiner, but the list below of Oscar’s best dressed Hollywood glamour depicts the very young, the pregnant and the sensational fashion of the red carpet.
Oscar’s Best Dressed
- The precocious Oscar nominee for best actress in “Beasts of the Southern Wild”, Quvenzhané Wallis looked like a Disney Princess in her age appropriate, navy Armani Junior and a good luck poochie bag, with tiara.
- Jenna Dewan, pregnant wife of Channing Tatum showed off her baby bump in a black lace backless Rachel Roy dress.
- Zoe Saldana sauntered down Oscar’s red carpet in a striking form fitted white, with gray and black trimmed Alexis Mabille Couture.
- Kerry Washington of “Django Unchained” once again wore Miu Miu on the red carpet, this time donning a belted coral gown with beaded bodice. Perez Hilton claimed the actress’ fashion choice was a let down; however as opinions are subjective, no mistakes were found here.
- Oscar nominee Jessica Chastain chose a slinky copper with pink beaded overlay Armani Privé, looking slightly similar to Jessica Rabbit.
- Queen Latifah was spot on and spotless in a white Badgley Mischka.
- Oscar nominee Amy Adams won red carpet fashion praise for her strapless, gray Oscar de la Renta, and while the dress was stunning, the color, or at least from the television, was not as appealing as the gown.
- Reese Witherspoon stayed loyal to Louis Vuitton wearing a strapless navy gown and diamond jewels from the same, while Jennifer Aniston switched it up in a red Valentino sensation and Fred Leighton jewels.
- The crème de la crème of the 85th Annual Academy Awards was Oscar winner for best actress, Jennifer Lawrence in an off-white strapless Dior Haute Couture with gorgeous necklace dangling in the back. The 22-year-old winner for “Silver Linings Playbook” exuded class, even after tripping on her way up to receive the Oscar laughing at her acceptance faux pas.
Questionable Oscar Fashion
- This writer hates to bash any of the celebrities gracing Oscar’s red carpet, however there were a few fashion moments that gave pause, raising the question, what were they thinking?
- There is no doubt that Halle Berry can wear a garbage bag and still look ridiculously amazing, however, the silver and black 80’s throwback Versace Donatella designed with the Bond Girl in mind was too reminiscent of the opulent decade.
- Anne Hathaway revealed more than bare shoulders wearing a pink Prada gown and Tiffany jewels, however the square top and open back did not flatter the Oscar winner’s figure informing viewers how chilly it actually was in Los Angeles.
- OK, so maybe using crutches doesn’t cause Kristen Stewart to be on the worst dressed list, although, they could have matched the gown, but her wind blown hair and cream colored, sweetheart Reem Acra dress has already been done by “The Twilight” actress, over and over again. “US Magazine” is reporting Stewart needed the crutches because she cut her foot stepping on glass.
Did the celebrity hairstyles match the best-dressed fashion from Oscar’s red carpet? Stay tuned for a recap of the best coifs of the night from the Hair and Nails Examiner.
©, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA snaptwig.com.
For more Women’s Style from the author, click subscribe or follow Deirdre on Twitter, like her on Facebook, read her blog or email her any comments or questions.