Ginny Burdick, a Democratic state senator from Oregon, called for gun registration while laughing about a shooting victim and insulting gun owners as “Rambos” in a video posted to YouTube on Sunday, Twitchy reported.
“There’s a real Rambo complex going on here,” she said.
“You know my favorite one was the guy who after Aurora [Theater massacre] brought his gun to the same theater so he could get the attacker again and he shot himself in the butt,” she added, laughing. “And that’s a much more likely scenario instead of heading off an intruder.”
Ironically, the video starts with Burdick warning about saying things one doesn’t want seen on the front page of the paper.
A blog post by Victoria Taft says that Burdick claims to come from a family of gun owners, but she always calls for limits on the right to keep and bear arms.
“I think Sandy Hook was a turning point,” Burdick added. “We have far more regulations on toy guns in this country than we do on real guns. Basically you have a runaway… the way this started you have a fringe element of the gun community… they are really on the fringe. I’m from a gun owners family and gun owners are not like that, but the fringe is.”
She went on to call for background checks for all sales, including those between private parties.
After the event, she said that she would work for tougher gun laws, adding that registration was her “dream.”
Video of her comments can be seen here.
- Piers Morgan schooled on need to have AR-15 by 22-year-old woman
- Homeland Security seeking to purchase 7,000 ‘assault rifles’
- Rahm Emmanuel to major banks: Stop serving gun manufacturers
- Americans blame bad parenting, Hollywood for mass shootings over guns
- CNN’s Piers Morgan admits gun bans will not stop mass shootings
- Communist Party USA backs Obama gun grab, calls Second Amendment obsolete
- Bank of America to gun maker: ‘We believe you should not be selling’ on Internet
- Philadelphia fifth-grader searched, threatened, called a murderer over paper gun
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein admits: Goal of gun ban is to ‘dry up’ supply of weapons (Video)
- Six-year-old suspended from school for making finger gun, saying ‘pow’
- Five-year-old named terrorist threat, suspended after threat to shoot bubbles
- Thousands gather across nation to celebrate ‘Gun Appreciation Day’
- Obama uses videos of children begging for gun control in campaign against NRA
- NRA more popular than President Obama, media silent
- MSNBC’s Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Liberal propaganda: Chris Matthews calls pro-gun conservatives segregationists
- Marco Rubio: Obama doesn’t have the guts to admit he’s anti-Second Amendment
- Obama declares war on NRA, CBS obeys, compares group to Nazis
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
- Ben Shapiro: Piers Morgan a bully standing on the graves of Sandy Hook children
- Petition demands FBI investigate Piers Morgan, CNN, for call to ‘pop’ Alex Jones
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.