When NuNaturals contacted me to see if I’d be interested in sampling their products, I didn’t have high hopes. I had never tried a sugar substitute that I liked, and I am incredibly picky and particular about health, taste and what products I’ll use in my kitchen.
I am happy to report that the NuNaturals sweeteners far exceeded my expectations and our whole family loves them.
The products come in a variety of forms, from sweet flavorings like chocolate and orange, to sweetener packets for coffee and tea to a granulated sugar substitute that you use cup for cup just like sugar, and more.
Benefits of NuNaturals include:
- Contains no soy, yeast, wheat, milk, synthetics, MSG, artificial colors or flavors, preservatives, saccharin, aspartame, sucralose, or artificial sweeteners
- Made from natural ingredients like the stevia plant
- Uses real extracts and flavorings
- Gluten free
- Alcohol free
- No/low calories
- No/low carbs
- Has no effect on blood glucose or insulin levels, so safe for diabetics
- Does not cause gastrointestinal distress like some sweeteners
- Does not contribute to tooth decay
- Tastes like real sugar (no chemical aftertaste)
- A little goes a long way
I have tried other brands of Stevia products in the past, and did not care for the overly sweet aftertaste or slight chemical flavor. I was surprised to find that with a light touch (and in some cases, the combination with smaller amounts of other natural sweeteners like sugar and dates), I was able to avoid both of those problems completely.
Some of the ways our family enjoyed NuNaturals best included:
- My five year-old son loved making “chocolate milk” by squirting a few drops of Pure Liquid Chocolate NuStevia into unsweetened almond milk.
- I made a gluten-free quick bread and substituted PreSweet Tagatose (cup for cup) for half of the sugar. None of my family had any idea that I had changed the recipe in any way, even though I bake that recipe about once a week.
- My fourteen year-old enjoys adding NuStevia White Stevia Powder Packets to sweeten her tea. One packet (1/2 of a teaspoon) of NuStevia White Stevia Powder will taste as sweet as 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- I sweetened my husband’s oatmeal with a few drops of Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia, and then added just a little bit of brown sugar on top for flavor (in the past, he needed many spoonfuls of sugar for enough sweetness for his taste).
- I blended a couple of drops of Pure Liquid Orange NuStevia with coconut, dates and walnuts in the food processor to make healthy truffles (similar to Lara Bars), then blended in a few dark chocolate chips and rolled them in coconut for a decadent, sweet treat.
You can read lots of other glowing reviews and see how others use the products here. As a long-time follower of the Chocolate Covered Katie healthy recipe blog, I know Katie uses NuNaturals for lots of her cooking too (here’s a search that shows all of her posts that call for NuNaturals).
The only downside I have found for the products is that they are slightly expensive for families on a tight budget (though products like the Pure Liquid flavors go a long way). To help out, NuNaturals is providing my readers with a discount on all purchases made through the website from now through June:
When they get to our checkout page they should enter the DISCOUNT CODE BLG0613 and they will receive – 15% DISCOUNT on their ENTIRE ORDER. This discount remains EFFECTIVE UNTIL JUNE 30, 2013 .
Online ordering customers may also receive FREE SHIPPING to the CONTINENTAL U. S. on all orders exceeding $ 35.00 after discounts.
NuNaturals has generously offered to give some of its most popular products to four (4) readers.
Four readers will (each) win:
( 1 ) One bottle of each of the Lemon / Orange / Peppermint Flavored Stevia Liquids , PLUS the NEW CHOCOLATE Stevia.
NuNaturals will ship directly to the winners.
- Send me an email with GIVEAWAY in the subject line, using an email address to contact you if you win.
- For an additional entry, LIKE NuNaturals on Facebook (send an additional email to let me know).
- For an additional entry, post this contest to your Facebook page (send an additional email to let me know).
- For an additional entry, tweet this page on Twitter (send an additional email to let me know).
- For an additional entry, pin this page to Pinterest (send an additional email to let me know).
The contest ends on Friday, March 1, at 5 p.m.
Winners will be notified on Saturday, March 2.