A new NRA ad that highlights comments made by President Obama and former President Bill Clinton reminds politicians that they do not “rule” Americans, nor “give” Americans rights, The Blaze reported Wednesday.
“In a recent closed-door speech to donors, politicians and media, Bill Clinton spoke about American gun owners: ‘A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing,‘” the ad says.
“And we all remember Barack Obama’s 2008 comments to a room of San Francisco elites: ‘It’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion,'” the ad continues.
“The arrogance of their superiority requires this reminder: They don’t rule us. They don’t give us rights. We grant them power,” the voice-over in the ad says. “We pay to protect them. They don’t make us free. We’re free already. And as long as we have the Second Amendment, we always will be.”
Since the Newtown shootings, a number of Democrats have proposed laws that would confiscate certain guns deemed “assault weapons.”
Missouri Democrats, for example, proposed a bill that if passed into law, would require owners of “assault weapons” to either ship the guns out of state, render them inoperable or turn them over to authorities.
In response, state Rep. Mike Leara (R-St. Louis) introduced a measure that would make it a felony to propose legislation that further erodes the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
Democrats in Minnesota offered a proposal almost identical to the one put forward in Missouri. Democrats in Washington State also put forward a gun control measure that initially required sheriffs to conduct annual inspections of those who already owned “assault” weapons. The inspection requirement was quietly removed from the proposal, but many believe the measures prove that liberal Democrats simply want to do away with the Second Amendment.
According to The Blaze, the NRA ad which is part of the “Stand and Fight” campaign, seeks to remind politicians that they work for the electorate, and comments denigrating law-abiding gun owners are not acceptable.
The ad can be seen here.
- Biden claims shotgun easier for women to use than AR-15; Gun expert disagrees
- Bill by Missouri GOP Rep. would make proposing gun control legislation a felony
- Washington gun control proposal said to violate Fourth Amendment to Constitution
- Annual inspection requirement axed from Washington gun control proposal
- Mexico to ask for registry of guns in border states, national media silent
- Communist Party USA backs Obama gun grab, calls Second Amendment obsolete
- Missouri Democrats propose law giving gun owners 90 days to turn in weapons
- Minnesota Democrats pushing gun confiscation bill similar to Missouri’s
- Wisconsin Democrats circulate legislation to ban hunting ammunition
- Arkansas governor signs law allowing concealed guns in churches
- Iowa Democrat: Ban and confiscate semi-automatic guns
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
- Gun rights advocate: Obama said people shouldn’t be able to own guns
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.