If you’re in the mood for a little sweet treat to eat, you’re in luck! February 21 is National Sticky Bun Day, an annual food holiday that celebrates the aromatic and delicious sticky bun.
Sticky buns, also referred to as cinnamon rolls, are traditionally made from leavened dough and topped with a ooey-gooey layer of pecans or nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and maple syrup or honey. While these sticky pastry treats are typically eaten for breakfast, they also make a delicious dessert or snack. It’s believed German settlers introduced the “Schnecken” to America back in the 1800s.
In honor of National Sticky Bun Day, why not whip up one or two of the fabulous recipes listed below?
Amazingly Delicous Sticky Buns Recipes
- Caramel Apple Sticky Buns – Fair warning. This sticky buns recipe is to die for! When it comes to decadent treats to eat, The Pioneer Woman knows exactly how to create the most delicious, mouth-watering recipes!
- Schnecken – These 5-star sticky German cinnamon buns sound delish!
- Cinnamon Rolls – This popular, 5-star recipe, from Paula Deen, calls for yeast, milk, sugar, powdered sugar, butter or shortening, an egg, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, vanilla extract, raisins, walnuts and/or pecans.
- California Walnut Sticky Buns – This recipe, from Joy of Kosher, includes butter, granulated sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, orange zest and pizza dough.
- Hazelnut Cinnamon Rolls – This popular, 5-star recipe, from Giada De Laurentiis, calls for frozen white bread dough, buttermilk, sugar, dark brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, cloves, powdered sugar and mascarpone cheese.
- Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze – This popular blue-ribbon recipe calls for cream cheese, milk, unbleached all-purpose flour, sugar, eggs, rapid-rise yeast, brown sugar, powdered sugar, unsalted butter and vanilla extract.
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls – This popular, 5-star recipe, from Alton Brown, calls for eggs, sugar, unsalted butter, buttermilk, all-purpose flour, instant dry yeast, kosher salt, light brown sugar, cinnamon, cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar.
- Triple Chocolate Sticky Buns – If your sweet tooth is craving a little chocolate right now, hold on to your fork! This decadent recipe looks amazing!
- Walnut Chocolate Sticky Buns – Martha Stewart shares this recipe that calls for active dry yeast, all-purpose flour, an egg, walnuts, unsalted butter, chocolate chips, heavy cream and light brown sugar.
- Chocolate Sticky Buns – This homemade recipe, from Taste of Home, calls for all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, brown and granulated sugar, butter, corn syrup, baking cocoa, pecans, butter, milk, eggs and cinnamon.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Sweet Rolls – Here is another decadent recipe from The Pioneer Woman. ‘Nuff said!
- Apple Walnut Sticky Buns – This easy-to-make recipe, from Pillsbury, calls for Granny Smith apples, walnuts, brown sugar, butter and one can of Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing.