Mojang announced Wednesday that the 0.6.0 update for “Minecraft: Pocket Edition” is now ready to download for the iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
The “Minecraft: Pocket Edition” 0.6.0 update is available to download from the iTunes store and Google Play. The latest build for the portable edition of “Minecraft” adds several new features like signs, armor, baby animals and fancy clouds. There are many new blocks as well including Netherrack, Nether Brick, Block of Quartz, Smooth Stone Brick variants and Sandstone variants. Note though that some of these will only be available in Creative Mode.
The virtual D-pad has been improved as well to make it easier to move around plus there are other tweaks for slabs and the Nether Reactor too.
Here’s the list of changes that Mojang submitted to Apple and Google for the “Minecraft: Pocket Edition.” Note that Android users will need to be on Android 2.3 or higher.
- Baby animals
- Fancy clouds
- Improved D-pad
- Stonecutter for crafting stone blocks
- Sheep can be colored with dyes
- New block types: Netherrack, Nether Brick, Block of Quartz with 2 variants (pillar and chiseled), mossy/cracked Smooth Stone Brick variants (creative only), chiseled/smooth Sandstone variants
- New stairs: Nether Brick, Sandstone, Smooth Stone Brick, Quartz
- New slabs: Sandstone
- New item: Nether Brick (smelted from netherrack and crafted into nether brick tile)
- Upside-down stairs, corner stairs
- Slabs can be placed in up position (needs testing on small screens)
- Sand and Gravel are affected by gravity
- Recipes for crafting slabs give 6 slabs instead of 3 (as in PC version)
- Nether Reactor spawns Netherrack blocks instead of Obsidian
- The fog and sky color have changed
- The Nether Reactor now spawns more items
- Cows drop Leather
- Melons had several bugs where they would spawn too fast and where they shouldn’t
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.