Mojang released another “Minecraft” snapshot for the PC on Thursday that provides a glimpse at some of the new features coming with the 1.5 Redstone Update. New mechanics for snow have been added that will now let players build their own igloo while the scoreboard feature introduced in a previous snapshot received additional functionality.
The 13w05a snapshot for “Minecraft” allows players to craft snow slabs and stack them along with snow blocks to create layers of snow however high the player wishes to create. This immediately put visions of Taj Mahal sized igloos in our head but players who have started playing with the snapshot already have shown how it can be used to create almost smooth looking inclines.
The new scoreboard system continues to be improved upon with the addition of custom name colors, friendly fire options and team objectives. The new scoring system will allow the creation of multiple gametypes from a PvP free for all to team sports to a currency system. There’s still some items to be explored but we’re looking at creating a guide for the scoreboard for when the 1.5 Redstone Update is released.
Also receiving tweaks are the stair lighting and how many bonemeal uses on plants are needed for the plant to fully grow.
You can check out the full changelog for the “Minecraft” 13w05a snapshot below and download it directly from Mojang. It is suggested that only experienced users play with snapshots however. The 1.5 Redstone Update should be out in the first half of February based on previous developer comments.
– Fully implemented multiple snow heights
- Place layered snow on existing layered snow to make it higher
- Crafting recipe – three blocks of Snow
– Improved stair lighting
– Improved the scoreboard system
- Added team mechanics including custom name colors, friendly fire options and objective tracking per team instead of per player
- Added a new display type – Displays value below nametags – via
- Added a new criteria type – health, ranging from 0 to 20
– Rebalanced bonemeal
- Everything now takes 2-4 uses to fully grow
– Fixed some bugs
- Fixed spawn Protection not working properly
- Fixed /difficulty command doesn’t produce any messages
- Fixed comparators outputting “pulse” when side signal is on
- Fixed comparator delay being inconsistent
- Fixed comparators constantly causing block updates
- Fixed SRV no longer being used to lookup servers
- Fixed HD texture pack items having garbage on edges
- Fixed activator rail not being destroyed faster when using a pickaxe
- Fixed TNT defusing when travelling between dimensions
- Fixed the scoreboard vanishing when changing dimensions
- Fixed right-clicking blocks with a helmet in hand crashing the game
- Fixed dispensers putting on stacks of armor
- Fixed the scoreboard system not accepting @a
- Fixed furnace minecarts dropping a Minecart and TNT
- Fixed the URL parser not detecting 4 letter TLDs
- Fixed the wither not regenerating health when riding a minecart
- Fixed the doMobLoot gamerule not affecting xp drops
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.
Via: Mojang, Reddit