A student attending Genoa-Kingston Middle School in Genoa, Ill., was reportedly told to cover up his Marine Corps-themed t-shirt or face suspension, Jim Hoft reported at the Gateway Pundit on Monday.
According to Dan McIntyre, the boy’s father, his son — a fan of the U.S. Marine Corps — had worn the t-shirt many times in the past.
But a teacher apparently noticed the crossed rifles on the shirt and said that school policy prohibits images of guns.
The boy complied when the teacher ordered him to turn the t-shirt inside-out, but he was reported to the principal anyway.
According to McIntyre, his son “was really bothered by it. He talked to me after school about it. I said I would have supported whatever decision he made.”
USOFarn.com says that McIntyre is involved with the DeKalb County Marines organization, and is a coordinator of the DeKalb County Tea Party.
The dress code portion of the student handbook provided by McIntyre says that students cannot wear clothing that promotes “violent behavior.”
Since the Newtown school shootings, a number of schools have cracked down on so-called “zero-tolerance” policies.
In January, we reported that a five-year-old girl was labeled a “terrorist threat” and suspended from her kindergarten class for threatening to shoot bubbles from a Hello Kitty bubble gun.
Later that month, a fifth-grader was searched and called a “murderer” over a piece of paper that had the general appearance of a pistol.
- Philadelphia fifth-grader searched, threatened, called a murderer over paper gun
- Six-year-old suspended from school for making finger gun, saying ‘pow’
- Five-year-old named terrorist threat, suspended after threat to shoot bubbles
- Thousands gather across nation to celebrate ‘Gun Appreciation Day’
- Obama uses videos of children begging for gun control in campaign against NRA
- NRA president blames Obama, media for ‘hundreds’ of death threats
- NRA more popular than President Obama, media silent
- MSNBC’s Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Thousands gather across nation for ‘Day of Resistance’ rallies
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, PolitiCollision, Liberty Unyielding and Spokane FAVS.