Lady Gaga is scheduled to perform during Tuesday’s inaugural ball according to an AP report on Saturday. The Associated Press was informed by a person familiar with the inauguration ceremony planning activities that Lady Gage is scheduled to appear, wrote CBS news on Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013.
“A person familiar with the inauguration tells The Associated Press that the pop star will perform at Tuesday’s ball for President Barack Obama’s staffers.”
Lady Gaga’s scheduled performance at the inaugural ball for President Barack Obama’s staffers was revealed by a source that spoke on condition of anonymity. The information had not been authorized to be made public.
Lady Gaga’s performance at Tuesday’s inaugural ball might come as a surprise for some since Lady Gaga is typically not associated with presidential festivities.
The presidential inaugural balls celebrate the beginning of President Obama’s new term and are large social gathering. The event is planned and sanctioned by the Presidential Inaugural Committee. The inaugural balls take place on the evening of Inauguration Day in the Washington D.C. area.
Historically, the President, First Lady, Vice-President and his spouse, all make personal appearances at each inaugural ball which is being held in their honor. During the black and white tie event, the presidential inaugural balls feature catered food, beverages, and live entertainment by well-known national and international entertainers.
On Jan. 20, 2009, President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama were serenaded by Beyoncé at their first inaugural dance at the Neighborhood Ball.
The news that Lady Gaga is said to perform on Tuesday adds an interesting aspect to this year’s presidential inaugural balls.
More articles by this author…
- Whitney Houston and Randy Travis: Alcohol and the lost ‘Sparkle’ of childhood (Video)
- Rosie O’Donnell and her childhood: ‘i am lucky to be here’ (Video)
- Lady Gaga, Kirstie Alley and a message to girls: ‘There’s an insanity here’
- Katie Couric’s bulimia: ‘I wasn’t good enough or attractive enough’
- Lady Gaga’s bulimia: ‘I didn’t fit in, and I felt like a freak.’
- Lady Gaga’s Twitter post: Fighting fiction with facts, ‘vernacular’ or ‘slut’?
- Lady Gaga: Eating disorder, bulimia, anorexia, which one is it?
- Lindsay Lohan crosses the continent: From New York to Los Angeles
- Maybe this time: Lindsay Lohan to spend 245 days in jail
- Singer Jenni Rivera missing plane found, no survivors
- How a player became a pawn: Kim Kardashian’s TV reality in Bahrain’s reality
- Larry Hagman’s death: Co-star at his death bed, ‘You die the way you live’
- The power, legacy of Steven Spielberg’s dyslexia in 60 Minutes: ‘I own my fear’
- George Lucas’ near-death experience: One moment in heaven, a lifetime on earth
- George Lucas’ near-death experience: George Lucas’ and Disney’s win-win deal
- The nature of dyslexia: Tom Cruise, Anthony Hopkins, Keira Knightley, Joe Wright
- Anna Karenina, Keira Knightley’s dyslexia: How Keira’s parents got her to read
- Dyslexia comes to life in ‘Anna Karenina’: Keira Knightley, Joe Wright
- Behind-the-scenes Tom Cruise: Did Suri Cruise inherit Tom Cruise’s dyslexia?
- Behind-the-scenes: 4 things Carrie Underwood shares with Maria, ‘Sound of Music’
- Behind-the-scenes Michael Phelps: Why Michael Phelps dumped Megan Rossee
- Justin Bieber sends ‘thoughts and prayers’ and Interstate 405 is a death trap
- Manti Te’o hoax, Lance Armstrong: ‘I didn’t feel, I didn’t think, I didn’t feel’
- Family plans to jump off bridge, goes to 2013 Oscars instead
- The 10 most-viewed ‘celebrity homes’ in 2012 (Photos)
- Kate Middleton’s hospitalization continues and taken seriously
- Kate Middleton pregnancy update: Prince William smiling
- James Middleton, Kate’s brother, owns his dyslexia: ‘I wouldn’t change a thing’
- Princess Diana: Her childhood, legacy, love for Prince Harry, William, the world
- Prince Harry’s classy mother: ‘My God, what’s happened?’