Kelly Clarkson has made female-empowering anthems for years, but now, some fans are starting to believe the gay rumors that are swirling around Clarkson. And finally, Kelly has chosen to address them head on.
In an issue of Cosmo, Kelly said that the gay rumors that never seem to go away are created because many link her to being homosexual because she had been single for so many years.
“People think, ‘Oh, she’s been single for too long,'” said Clarkson. “That’s kind of an insult to the gay community. Being single doesn’t mean you’re gay. But I’m never insulted by it, obviously. I mean, I get hit on by the hottest girls ever. Oh, my god, if I were a lesbian, I would be so in luck. But it’s just not my thing.”
And last year, Kelly addressed the rumors head on, too. In speaking to E! News, Kelly said that she would embrace the rumors more if it were actually helping her dating life. But as Clarkson says in the following quote, no man was trying to date her because she made girl anthems and believe she’s a lesbian.
“People keep saying that I’m gay and … yeah, I’m not. I’m pretty sure I’ve never made out with girl. Sometimes, I wish I were because at this point, I would probably get hit on by a lot of girls! It’s just not helping me because I am straight. No boy wants to hit on my because I make mean songs about them and they think I’m gay.”
In 2011, Kelly Clarkson released her fifth studio album entitled “Stronger,” which debuted at number 2 on the Billboard 200.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
1) Ke$ha’s song pulled from radio, singer apologizes on Twitter
2) Katt Williams says he slapped Target employee over N-word slur
3) Tantrum over burger in McDonald’s leads to assault charges
4) Boy gets $6.9 million after being molested in 2008
5) 9-year-old rapper releases Sandy Hook song ‘Stop Da Violence’
6) Crocodile leaps at the face of a swimming tourist (VIDEO)
7) NRA’s Facebook page goes dark after CT school shooting
8) Watch the touching tribute to CT school shooting victims by NBC’s ‘The Voice’
9) Joseline of ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’ dances on a stripper pole
10) Rapper Tyga crashes is Lamborghini, then snaps a photo of the wrecked car
11) Spike Lee rips into ‘Django Unchained,’ but hasn’t watched the movie
12) Was the Ryan Lanza Facebook page really all just a hoax?
13) Bethenny Frankel to separate from her husband after 2 years
14) Andruw Jones arrested for battery on Christmas Day
15) Could Piers Morgan be deported for his gun control comments?
16) Ann Curry begging NBC to fire her?
17) Fantasia releases anti-gay statement on Instagram, then recants it