Jennie Garth’s recent 30 pound weigh loss has many fans whose New Year resolutions pertain to weight loss asking just how did Jennie Garth lose all that weight according to MSN reports posted on Friday, Jan 4.
Garth, who is 40-years-old, stands 5-foot-5, is a busy actress and the mother of three children recently talked with health magazine for the January/February issue has revealed that she has finally beat the battle of the bulge after many years of yo-yo dieting.
“Every day, I just renew my healthy choices,” the 40-year-old says. “I feel really good about myself now, and I don’t want to do anything to change that.”
Garth stated that she had tried to lose weight in the past to no avail. “My biggest regret is putting my body through fad diets: Atkins, cleanses, the hCG diet. I lost like 18 pounds, but it came right back,” she admits. “The worst was fasting with colonics for three or four days. It was the most horrifying experience ever!”
Jennie Garth reveals her weight loss secrets as the change: a major weight loss, eating clean and exercising five days a week (three doing plyometrics and kickboxing, and two hiking with one of her dogs).
Motivate yourself to work out
• Put on your exercise wear first thing. “I take my kids to school in my workout clothes. I’ll think, ‘I’m already in my clothes now, so I may as well work out!’”
• Think of what it can do for you. “The driving force of why I work out is just to be stronger—physically and mentally.”
• Be a trainer. “In the middle of a set, I love being told, ‘You can do this.’ It works for yourself, too. Use positive self-motivation.”
• Bring a friend. “Twice a week, I’ll put the dog in the car and go for a hike. I’ll think, ‘My dog needs exercise, so we’re both benefiting.’
Tips to keep the weight off that have been working well for Jennie Garth.
• Do check ins. “I weigh myself every morning. If I don’t, before you know it, I’ll be up 10 pounds. It creeps. This morning, it was up 2 pounds. That’s OK. But if it’s up 6 pounds? I need to make adjustments.”
• Run from fad diets. “My biggest regret is putting my body through fad diets: Atkins, cleanses, the hCG diet. I lost like 18 pounds, but it came right back. The worst was fasting with colonics for three or four days. It was the most horrifying experience ever!”
Eating healthy is the next step.
• Sneaky swap I love: Fage yogurt for sour cream or mayo. “I make this chicken dish that you’re supposed to coat in mayonnaise, but I use Fage. My kids didn’t even know!”
• My 173-calorie breakfast: Greek yogurt + slivered almonds or whole oats. “I throw some slivered almonds in it or some whole, raw oats—straight out of the box—and just grab a spoon and eat it on the way driving my girls to school.” My two-step dinner: Salmon with balsamic onion. “I love making salmon with balsamic onions. There’s something so tangy and sweet about it.” Step 1: Season salmon with salt and pepper, and broil in the oven. Step 2: Slice up red onions; sauté in coconut or almond oil and balsamic vinegar until reduced to sauce. Top the salmon with it.
Jennie Garth also touches on what her life has been like since she and husband “Twilight Saga actor Peter Facinelli decided to split last March after 11-years of marriage.
“When I’m in excruciating pain, like with what I’ve been through with my breakup and that grief and loss that’s just immobilizing, it helps to remember that it only lasts for 13 to 15 minutes, max. And then it’s over. Your mind is ready to go to something else. You might come back to it, but it helps to just know that that pain is not going to last forever.”
“In the months after their split, the actress began to casually date; she was linked to HGTV star Antonio Ballatore, photographer Noah Abrams and Jones Lang LaSalle managing director Jason Clark.
“I’m learning to date again,” Garth tells Health. “Looks aren’t important to me anymore. I like positive energy.”
What ever she is has been through and doing now it really shows, Jennie Garth’s weight loss and positive attitude is a wonderful way to kick off the new 2013 year, which looks to be both a very happy and successful one for Jennie Garth.
What do you think about Jennie Garth’s 30 pound weight loss?
Read more news here.
Be sure to subscribe to this page and follow @PopCultExaminer on Twitter for all the latest news alerts.