For sure not all craft shops are created equal. There are a few questions you have to answer for yourself before you can determine which craft shop/store will suit your needs best.
- · Want to shop online or in-store?
- · What type of craft supplies are you after?
- · Do you have highly specialized needs for your product?
- · Do you have coupons or membership deals?
Online or In-Store?
That is the question. Sometimes you don’t have the time, the weather’s bad, or you need a bigger, broader supplier. That’s when online shopping is quite handy. There is an endless list of craft shops online but here are a few of the big ones. There are also many specialty arts suppliers out there. So, if you are interested in the online shopping experience just plug what you’re looking for into your search engine and go to it. Here is a list of some of the more popular online craft stores.
- · Michael’s
- · Hobby Lobby
- · Joann’s
- · Create for Less
and of course
- · Amazon
- · Walmart
So…what if you’re the touchy-feely type of shopper or you’re just in the mood to go wandering through the store looking for new and fresh ideas or new inspirations? What if you’re just not exactly sure of the color you need (paint, yarn, fabric, etc.) and you want to eyeball it and put your hands on it? Well, then it’s time to see what’s available close at hand. Here are a few of the brick and mortar stores available in Indy. The hyperlinks will get you to a site with the addresses.
- · Hobby Lobby – three Indianapolis locations but this one is rated with four stars
- · Just a Little Bit Moore
- · Michael’s Arts and Crafts – filling Indy with craft ideas, Michael’s has four locations
- · Hobby Town U.S.A
- · Jo-Ann Fabrics & Crafts – you can find all three locations here
Stay tuned for more crafty discussions.