“You can be the smartest person, you can have the best life strategies, but if you let you emotions overwhelm you and if you make choices when you are mad, angry, disrespectful, sad or jealous, you will sabotage yourself,” Author and Life Coach Ken Lindner, told about 200 people, who packed into his book signing (Jan. 17, 2013) at Barnes & Noble, The Grove at Farmers Market, Los Angeles, CA.
“YOUR KILLER EMOTIONS: The 7 Steps to Mastering the Toxic Emotions, Urges and Impulses That Sabotage you,” published by Greenleaf Book Group, LLC, Jan. 01, 2013 and now available in bookstores and on Barnesandnoble.com and Amazon.com
“You need to learn from your mistakes, and do it differently,” Life Coach Ken Lindner said. “I wrote this book, because over the last 30 years, I’ve counted a plethora of people who sabotaged their careers and life choices and because they allowed their emotions to overwhelm them.”
Lindner is also the founder of Life-Choice Psychology and he has seen a lot of drama, too, as a top agent for news industry stars such as NBC’s Matt Lauer, “NBC Today”, Mario Lopez, “The X Factor, EXTRA, Rob Marciano, “Entertainment Tonight” and Megyn Kelly, Fox News to name a few. Ken Lindner owns and operates the country’s premiere news and hosting representation firm, Ken Lindner and Associates, Inc.
In his book, Lindner says, “Emotions aren’t necessarily good or bad per se; they’re beneficial if they and their energy charges catalyze and compel you to make a positive and beneficial life choice.”
Lindner contends that most books offer the intellectual component of decision-making. “Your Killer Emotions” zooms in on the emotional component of life-choice making, through what he describes as a unique concept of bundling and controlling the “energy charges’ we generate by our strongest emotions.
The book is a must read, especially if you have anger management challenges or if emotions control your destiny. The powerful and intense guide to funneling your negative energy into positive energy-making decisions offers seven critical steps to mastering your emotions. They include:
- Understanding and identifying your most potent Personal Emotional Triggers (PETS) as the root cause of your feelings/actions
- How to view and treat these emotions, feelings, urges, impulses, compulsions and additions; how to effectively express or reframe from expressing your emotions
- Your “Killer Emotions Timeline” and how it helps in understanding and in some case rectifying bad and/or unhealthy past decisions
- Identifying your “Gold” – the things you most dearly want for yourself and/or for others and your “Truth” – the person you ideally want to be
- Understanding the process of developing your “Frisual” – the “Frame” around a decision/situation plus the “Visual” or visualization of what certain consequences of your actions will look like
- Pitfalls to avoid at “Crunch Time”
- Understanding how to be “Consequence Cognizant”
- Maintenance of your PETS the importance of continually check your PET potency, so that you can sustain your positive life choice-making throughout your life
“I want to enable people, through their positive life choices, to develop empowering feelings of high self-esteem,” explained Lindner. “These feelings catalyze people to make better life choices, as they start to see that the positive decisions they make are truly worth making.”
Lindner’s final note: “Be a life-choice-making Rock Star!”