The Heartland Men’s Chorus and Dean’s Gallery present Nazi Persecution of Homosexuals 1933-1945 at the gallery located at the Miller Nichols Library at UMKC. The exhibit is in conjunction with the Heartland’s “Falling in Love Again”. The exhibit is on loan from the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, D.C. and will be open to the public through April 10. “Falling in Love Again” will be performed on Mar. 23 and 24 at the Folly Theater.
The Johnson County Home and Garden Show opens Friday March 1 at the Overland Park Convention Center. The show will feature over 250 exhibitors displaying and selling products and services for home owners. Taniya Nayak, from HGTV, will be a featured guest on Saturday and Sunday. Tom Bury, of the Food Network, will be at the show on Friday and Saturday.
First Friday Art Walk in the Crossroads District, featuring art, music, entertainment and food.
DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER THIS WEEK BE SURE TO CHECK WITH THE VENUES LISTED TO CONFIRM THEY HAVE NOT BEEN CANCELLED.
Live theatre March 1 to March 3:
- Barn Players: 6219 Martway, Mission, “9 to 5”, closes Mar 10.
- Chestnut Fine Arts: 234 N. Chestnut, Olathe, “The Hallelujah Girls”, closes Mar. 3.
- Coterie Theatre: Crown Center, “Tell-Tale Electric Poe”, closes Mar 9.
- Kansas City Repertory Theatre: Copaken Stage, “Clay”, closes Mara. 2.
- Metropolitan Ensemble Theatre: 3614 Main, “For Colored Girls That Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Enuf”, closes Mar. 10.
- Quality Hill Playhouse: 303 W. 10th, “Sh-Boom Sh-Boom, The Doo-Wop Songs of the 1950’s”, closes Mar. 24.
- Studio 116: 4949 Cherry, “Eat This! KC Chews on the Politics of Food”, closes March 10.
- Unicorn Theatre: 3828 Main, “Good People”, closes March 24.
Music Friday March 1:
- Aftershock Bar & Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Metal Wars.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, RAW Energy, Leaders of the Lost, Juarez and Indivisuals, Jae Stylz a.k.a. Tekneek, Tone Lou and the Snownsoz, Versatile, Freddy Grimes.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, Don’t Stop Please, KC Bear Fighters, My Oh My.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., Lost Wax.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport Rd., Danny Cox and Friends.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Electric City Presents: Heroes Plus Villains, Me Like Bees, Clock People.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, First Friday Story Slam 7 to 9 p.m., Sterling Witt at 9:30 p.m.
Music Saturday March 2:
- Aftershock Bar and Grill: 5240 Merriam Dr., Merriam, Shamans Harvest, Ten Thousand One.
- Czar: 1531 Grand, She’s a Keeper, Jack and the Bear, Attic Wolves.
- Davey’s Uptown Ramblers Club: 3402 Main, The Still Line, Adam Evolving.
- Kelly’s Westport Inn: 500 Westport Rd., DJ Chris.
- RecordBar: 1020 Westport, A Soul Pro Production: Burn with Ataxic and Skeme.
- Riot Room: 4048 Broadway, Making Movies, Javier Mendoza, Shy Boys.
- Uptown Arts Bar: 3611 Broadway, KC Cabaret Variety Show.