Dinner doesn’t get much easier than one pot meals. When you’ve had a long day at work, the last thing you want to do is spend time in the kitchen cooking. This stove top cooking pot recipe is so tasty that even meat eaters will love it, and now you have a hearty meal that has minimal cleanup.
You will be able to find all of the ingredients in your grocery store or health food store. Most grocery stores carry the frozen chicken meat substitutes. If you have any leftovers, you can use this recipe in burrito wraps, pita sandwiches, or simply put the ingredients over a bed of greens, rice, or potatoes for another meal.
Stove top cooking pot vegetarian chicken dish (4 servings)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 vegetarian chicken meat substitutes, (such as Quorn), cooked in microwave, then sliced or chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of powdered garlic
- 2 large potatoes, baked in microwave, and then cubed
- 8 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes (14 ounces)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- In your stove top cooking pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat, adding the chopped onion and powdered garlic.
- Add the vegetarian chicken meat substitutes and stir until the onions are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, and the bell peppers.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Continue to stir the ingredients and cook until the mushrooms and bell peppers are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary, and serve.