Pre-Registration for Gen Con Indy 2013 is open today, making most badges available online at gencon.com. A limited amount of Very Important Gamer (VIG) badges also will be available this Sunday through the Gen Con website. Starting at Noon (Eastern) on Tuesday, January 29, book a hotel room through the Housing Bureau reservations page or through the Housing Information link on your Account Page. Use the Housing Access Code provided with your badge purchase to initiate the order.
Gencon.com has undergone some major changes following Gen Con Indy 2012. Primarily, pages have consolidated, the registration site has merged with the gencon.com main site, and pages have received a new, fresh look using this year’s artwork. As the site is still being improved, you may encounter some minor issues.
For those unfamiliar with the Pre-Registration process, anyone can sign up and purchase an attendee badge for Gen Con Indy 2013, happening August 15-18 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Most badges are sold at discounted rates during Pre-Registration and will reach their full-price when Pre-Registration closes on June 29 at midnight (Eastern). Pre-Registration is also your only method of buying a badge and having it ship directly to your house during the Badge Fulfillment period.
To order a badge:
- Go to www.gencon.com and find the “Sign Up Now” or “Get Your Badge” logo in the upper right corner of the page.
- Click any “Sign Up Now,” “Log-In,” or “Get Your Badge” logo to get started.
- If you already have an account, enter your username or email address and password. If you have any trouble, you can use the “Forgot your password?” link or contact Customer Service at email@example.com for assistance.
- If you do not have an account, just click “Don’t have an account yet? Create one now!” and enter your information to create a Gen Con Account.
Here are some important things to know:
- First, select the badge of your choice (4-Day, 1-Day, etc). Make sure that you have read the Terms & Conditions, and have selected that you have done so to complete your order.
- Choose a shipping option on the “Cart” page in order to complete your transaction.
- Add your friends and family members to your “Friends” list in order to purchase badges and event tickets for them.
- If you have live questions during Badge Pre-Registration, you also may speak directly with Gen Con representatives live on the Gen Con Facebook and Twitter (@gen_con) pages for the first several hours of Pre-Registration. You also may call the Gen Con offices with any questions at 1-800-529-3976.
Educators, librarians, and experienced retailers also can attend Gen Con’s Trade Day Program ($110, including four-day access to Gen Con Indy 2013). A very limited quantity of “Very Important Gamer” badges also will be offered when Pre-Registration opens, costing $540 per badge. The Trade Day and VIG Programs have the potential to sell out quickly, so be sure to purchase your packages as soon as possible. Have questions about attending the show? More information on attending Gen Con Indy 2013 can be found here.
Should you have additional housing questions, such as the best way to book travel, how to contact Travel Support, or work with the Housing Bureau, please go to http://www.gencon.com/attend/travel-housing. If you have any questions or trouble accessing your account, be sure to contact Gen Con’s Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want more? Subscribe to this column; follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar. Become an Examiner and get paid to write today!