Packing for a cruise can be stressful, especially for first timers. You know space is limited inside the staterooms, but you still feel as though you need one of everything and of course shoes for every outfit. There is more to cruise packing than just wardrobe, here are five things you never knew you needed to pack for your cruise:
- Over-the-door hanging shoe organizer: These plastic organizers have multiple slots that are perfect for those small items you need to have handy, but don’t want cluttering your stateroom. Toiletries, glasses, pens, highlighters, and of course…even shoes. Use the lower reachable slots for kids items, such as toothbrushes and other items they need regular access to.
- Highlighters: A multi-pack of highlighters is an essential item to have, while it seems like a strange “must have” item they come in handy for marking your Personal Navigator. Pick a different color for each family member and highlight the events on your Personal Navigator that you don’t want to miss.
- A large cup: The 24/7 complimentary beverage station provides 8 oz paper or styrofoam cups and by the time you put ice in and walk down the pool deck, your drink is gone. If you drink more than 8 oz at a time you may want to consider bringing your own travel mug.
- Electrical outlet strip: The outlets in the stateroom bathrooms will only accommodate a 110v device, for example an electric razor. Blowdryers and other devices can not be powered by the outlets in the bathroom. An electrical outlet strip will allow you to charge and operate multiple devices from the desk area; which doubles as a vanity for those needing to use a blowdryer, etc.
- Door magnets: Nothing says “home sweet home” like your own customized door magnets. You’ll find the majority of Disney Cruisers have made or collected their own magnets and it’s a sense of pride and showmanship and also makes it easier for you to find your stateroom, since all the rooms look alike!
These are only a few of the odd items you’ll find you may need for your Disney Cruise. Even new cruisers will feel like pro’s if you pack these items.
You learn something new every single time you cruise so it’s a good idea to put a note in your phone or someplace you’ll remember to look so you can jot down the items you wish you would have packed and what you can live without for your next cruise.