Jarrod Fisher was easily the headline performer in the first of two weekends of competition in the annual Sarasota-Manatee County USBC Bowling Association’s championship tournament at AMF Bradenton Lanes.
In fact, Fisher topped the leaderboard in four events, according to unnoficial first-weekend standings posted shortly after conclusion of Sunday’s squad.
Fisher posted a handicap score of 784 to set the pace in Division A (averages of 176 and up) singles, and he had a nine-game handicap score of 2,255 for a commanding advantage in Division A all-events.
In addition, Fisher teamed with Shaun Hackman for the lead in Division A (combined averages of 352 and up), and he was a member of the leading team, Just Us, in the Division B (combined averages of 879 and under) five-player event. Just Us — consisting of Fisher, Rochelle Banks, Gabe Barone, Harold Banks and Ian Gray — compiled a pace-setting score of 3,384.
Topping the leaderboard in Division A team standings is The Kingpins — consisting of Jacob Evans, Anthony Bennett, Paul Farmer, Joshua Merkel and Dylan Clark — with a total of 3,360.
Other opening-weekend leaders are: David Shedrow, with 2,041 (a 226.7 average) in scratch all-events; Laurie Ann Bieber, with 750 in Division B singles; and Mike Byrd and Preston Willis, with 1,464 in Division B doubles.
The competition will conclude next weekend, with Saturday squads at noon and 4 p.m., and a Sunday squad at 1 p.m.
Following are the current leaders in each event:
- DIVISION A TEAM: 1, Kingpins 3,360; 2, Core Financial Inc. (John Dickerman, Reed Torsell, Mike Clark, Terry Wood, Pepe Smith) 3,348; 3, Men’s Hall of Fame No. 1 (Kevin Reichenbach, Ron Elliott, Terry Westervelt, Glenn Underwood, Ron Smith) 3,313.
- DIVISION B TEAM: 1, Just Us 3,384; 2, Mike’s Mobile Golf Cart Repair (Michael Hendrickson, Liz Hendrickson, Michele Hendrickson, Jessica Hendrickson, Carlton Hendrickson) 3,319; 3, Peg’s Problem (Betty Ricci, Peggy Cismesia, Gary Cismesia, Bobby Teachey, Michael Cismesia) 3,305.
- DIVISION A DOUBLES: 1, Jarrod Fisher and Shaun Hackman 1,440; 2, Kayla Staszewski and Jason Jones 1,423; 3, Alison Shedrow and David Shedrow 1,356; 4, Richard McLaughlin and Jesse Hawver 1,336; 5, Harold Banks and Ian Gray 1,334.
- DIVISION B DOUBLES: 1, Mike Byrd and Preston Willis 1,464; 2, Ann Jessup and Glenn Jessup 1,397; 3, Cecilia Butler and Larry Butler 1,388; 4, Paul Nicolazzi and Mark Janssens 1,372; 5, Chris Olin and Jane Olin 1,354.
- DIVISION A SINGLES: 1, Jarrod Fisher; 2, Douglas Schultz 770; 3, Jon Barfield 767; 4, Glenn Underwood 763; 5, William Meyers 760.
- DIVISION B SINGLES: 1, Laurie Ann Bieber 750; 2, Preston Willis 746; 3, Eldon Cornett 737; 4, Rochelle Banks 701; 5, Mark Janssens 698.
- HANDICAP ALL-EVENTS: 1, Jarrod Fisher 2,255; 2, John Dickerman 2,186; 3, Glenn Jessup 2,090; 4, Rochelle Banks 2,080; 5, Saul Insignares 2,079.
- SCRATCH ALL-EVENTS: 1, David Shedrow 2,041; 2, Jesse Hawver 1,995; 3, Saul Insignares 1,974; 4, John Dickerman 1,961; 5, Richard McLaughlin 1,907.