Many people spend hundreds of dollars relaxing at a spa. Why bother with that when you can create your own health and relaxation spa in your home? By drawing a bath of comfortable hot water and mixing in two cups of Epsom salt you can soak your pains and troubles away in about thirty minutes.
The elimination of negative health issues by applying Epson salt has been an alternative medicine used for centuries. It consists of a compound of sulfate and magnesium, which is easily absorbed through the skin and extremely beneficial for the body. It is one of the simplest natural remedies to execute and enjoy.
By submersing yourself in a calming warm bath for half an hour you could experience some incredible recuperative benefits that would allow you to:
- Sooth a migraine headache
- Soften calluses and rough spots on your hands and feet
- Remove splinters
- Soothe sprains and bruises
- Ease stress and relax your body
- Release heavy metals from your body cells
- Reduce painful inflammations
- Relieve uncomfortable constipation
- Exfoliate the dead skin on your body
- Dislodge blackheads or draw out cysts
- Soothe your achy feet
- Get your muscles and nerves functioning properly
- Elevate your serotonin levels to improve your mood
- Fight against blood clots
- Get relief from the discomfort of gout
- Relieve pain and muscle cramps
- Remove foot odor
- Make your insulin more effective
- Eliminate toxins from your body
- Relieve the symptoms of your athlete’s foot
- Prevent blood clots
- Treat toenail fungus by soaking three times per day
The magnesium in Epsom salt physically regulates the activity of more than 325 enzymes. It aids nerve and muscle functions, reduces the risk of hardening arteries, and helps eliminate many types of inflammation. The sulfate in Epsom salt naturally flushes out toxins, relaxes the mind, eases away headaches, and betters the absorption of important nutrients.
During your Epsom salt soak, don’t use soap at any time. This will interfere with the positive action of the salts. For the best results, choose a time you will be able to rest a few hours after your bath. Soaking just before going to bed can be very beneficial.
As you can see, an Epsom salt bath offers numerous benefits to the mind and body. Even if your purpose is a specific cure, you will also be healing many other potential problems just by taking a little time to relax.