“The Talk” on CBS is heading to New Orleans to broadcast live from the host city of the 2013 Super Bowl. On Jan. 23, network officials revealed details about Super Bowl week and informed viewers that New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has been tapped to guest host on Thursday, Jan. 31. In addition, an all-star line-up is set to join “The Talk” during the week of Jan. 28-Feb. 1.
Throughout the week, hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler will highlight the local flavor of New Orleans and broadcast live from CBS Super Bowl Park at Jackson Square in the heart of the French Quarter. In addition, “The Talk” is set to feature Super Bowl cooking demos with celebrity chefs and offer how-to tips for throwing the perfect Super Bowl Party.
Drew Brees was selected to the Pro Bowl seven times during his storied football career. He was the NFL’s Comeback Player of the Year in 2004, the National Football League Offensive Player of the year in 2008 and 2011, and the MVP of Super Bowl XLIV. During the 2009 Super Bowl, he tied Tom Brady’s record for most completions in a Super Bowl (32). “Sports Illustrated” named Brees its 2010 Sportsman of the Year.
In addition to Drew Brees on Thursday, here’s how Super Bowl week from New Orleans is set to play out on “The Talk.”
- Monday, Jan. 28: Guests include sportscaster James Brown from “The NFL Today” and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
- Tuesday, Jan. 29: Guests include Train lead singer Pat Monahan (special guest host) and Craig Ferguson. Grammy-winning band Train is the house band on Tuesday.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30: Actor Neil Patrick Harris from “How I Met Your Mother” and entertainment reporter Kevin Frazier are scheduled guests. Grammy-winning band Train is the house band on Wednesday.
- Thursday, Jan. 31: New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees guest hosts. Vanessa Williams and Train are also scheduled for Thursday. Chef Jamie Deen prepares Super Bowl party dishes.
- Friday, Feb. 1: Guests include actor Daniel Dae Kim from “Hawaii Five-O” and entertainment reporter Kevin Frazier. Train performs and Emeril Lagasse cooks up Super Bowl party dishes.
“The Talk” features a panel of well-known news and entertainment personalities discussing current events, pop culture, contemporary issues, family, celebrity and the trending topics of the day. Each weekday, co-hosts Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Tyler swap stories, challenge each other and engage the studio audience and viewers at home about events in the headlines. Show segments include guest interviews with entertainers and news makers, musical performances and how-to demonstrations. Melissa Gilbert developed the show and serves as executive producer. It airs Monday-Friday on CBS. Check local listings for air times.
Do you want to stay in-the-know? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE, and you’ll stay up-to-the-minute with the latest TV news.