For the first time since they broke up in 2005, Destiny’s Child is releasing a new song and a new album. NBC has the details:
On Jan. 29, they’ll release “Love Songs,” a collection comprised “mainly of romantic gems recorded between 1997 and 2004,” according to their website. On the album will also be a brand new track, “Nuclear,” the first new recording since 2004.
Bloomberg Business Week reported today, Jan. 11, 2013, that Destiny’s Child will appear with Beyonce during her previously-scheduled slot for a short performance at the Super Bowl. It will still be all about Beyonce!
Mashable has the exclusive on the track list from the new “Love Songs” album:
Love Songs infuses recordings from six albums — four of Destiny’s Child’s studio albums, one of Rowland’s albums and one from the group’s remix album:
- “Cater 2 U” from 2004’s Destiny Fulfilled
- “Killing Time” from 1998’s Destiny’s Child
- “Second Nature” from Destiny’s Child
- “Heaven” from 2002′ Simply Deep
- “Now That She’s Gone” from 1999’s The Writing’s On The Wall
- “Brown Eyes” from 2001’s Survivor
- “If” from Destiny Fulfilled
- “Emotion” from Survivor
- “If You Leave” (featuring Next) from The Writing’s On The Wall
- “TShirt” from Destiny Fulfilled
- “Temptation” from The Writing’s On The Wall
- “Say My Name” (Timbaland remix) from 2002’s This Is The Remix
- “Love” from Destiny Fulfilled
- “Nuclear” from 2013’s Love Songs
“Love Songs” will be released on Jan. 29, 2013. Many online observers note that the next step will surely be a tour. Tours are more lucrative now than ever, so it could be assumed that would be the next announcement. Of course, Beyonce does not need the money!
Any decisions regarding the direction of Destiny’s Child probably rest with Beyoncé, the biggest star and the member who—especially after a $50 million deal withPepsi (PEP)—isn’t hurting for money. According to Mike Jones, director of music industry studies at the University of Liverpool, this “reunion” is just the latest in a long string of shrewd moves on her part.
Beyonce is riding high on the crest of immense popularity right now. From being named the GQ Sexiest Woman of the Century to being asked to sing at the inauguration of her pal, President Barack Obama, she is certainly at the top right now.
Leave a comment and let everyone know what your favorite Destiny’s Child song is. Are you excited about this reunion, no matter how brief?
You can also find the Knoxville Celebrity Examiner online:
Facebook: Barbie Crafts (Writer)