Many people growing up in Vancouver were lucky to have a high school guidance counselor to help give direction in their lives, but how many had a sex etiquette teacher”?
Unless you have made a conscious effort to learn a little about sexual etiquette, chances are you may be somewhat naive about what it really is and how to improve upon it. (Especially if you have not dated a lot.) The points below will help novice daters & also remind or refresh attitudes of even the most experienced lovers!
- Be tactful & respectful when talking about sexual history. Don’t wait to talk about it in the bedroom, discuss it before you get to that stage. Be polite and use diplomacy. Do not use opening lines like: “Do you have any diseases,” or “Can I have a list of the last 10 people you have slept with?”
- First and foremost, it is considered poor etiquette to leave your partner sexually unsatisfied in the bedroom unless you have talked about it and you are working on improving it together. Not everyone can orgasm easily, but it doesn’t let you off the hook not to try every time!
- Condom wrappers are not decorations and neither are tissue remnants! If you are having sex with someone for the first time, you might want to do a spot check on just what exactly is in your bedroom and the medicine cabinet! (Many a story has been told due to this oversight.)
- Ensure there is toilet paper and a clean towel & face cloth for your guest, regardless of whether they are spending the entire night. Mouthwash is also a nice touch. Have a couple of (new) toothbrushes on hand and some disposable razors. (Yes, I really did have to stress the word “new” for some people!)
- Guys, please have some tampons under your sink at all times. There is nothing more embarrassing for a woman than a surprise visit from Aunt Flo at that time of the month. Leave them in the front so she doesn’t have to dig for them or have to ask you.
- Oral sex should be reciprocated & guys don’t grab her ponytail as an indicator that you want it. You will end up with a very bad reputation if you are a selfish lover. People talk whether you are lousy or great in bed!
- Many Sex Films make women look like they want it hard or rough but most women don’t. When in doubt, ask or watch her body language when you first start making love.
- Keep the fetish apparel out of sight until you have established something a little more serious with your partner. Shackles/ handcuffs/ latex and whips, (regardless of what the book “50 Shades of Grey” might imply!) could be a bit much too soon! If your partner is extremely opposite to your sexual tastes, be honest and move on. (Someone else will appreciate your Latex Batman costume.)
- Have a shower and floss your teeth. If you have a planned date, don’t chew garlic cloves before they arrive. It is offensive and over powering. It certainly does not make someone want to kiss you passionately.
- Hygiene is the most important of all sex etiquette. Shaving & waxing is expected these days from both men & women as no one wants a mouthful of hair! Bring out the garden shears if you have to and that goes for your toenails too. If they can open cans you are in need of pedicure. That goes for both sexes.
Despite Vancouver’s reputation and how hard it is to date in this city, changing your view regarding this attitude will put you on a more optimistic path to finding love. Dating should be a fun time in your life and will be even better when you feel confident and deserving of a relationship.
Respectful & considerate behavior will keep your popularity in top form regardless of whether you date someone 3 times or for a 2 year period. The old cliche “treat someone how you want to be treated” is a great way to live life in all aspects. The more you practice this, the closer you will be to finding a loving & long term partner.
Susan McCord @ http://www.youtube.com/twobeavers