The Revolution DLC for “Call of Duty: Black Ops II” finally hit the Playstation 3 and PC on Thursday following its release to the Xbox 360 last month.
“Black Ops II: Revolution” is available to purchase for $14.99 on both platforms or free as part of the Season Pass for the first-person shooter. The DLC features four new maps, a new zombies map, a new zombies gametype and a unique weapon Players should also find a new “Revolution” playlist plus “New” markers for the added Zombies map and weapon.
Here’s the official description of the Revolution DLC.
Hydro–This large map allows you to use the dam and water to your advantage to block paths and stop enemies.
• Downhill–A medium-sized map based in the French Alps complete with snow, chair lifts, and a strategically placed lodge.
• Grind–Set within the locale of the Venice, California boardwalk, this small skate park map is sure to deliver fast and frenetic Call of Duty action.
• Mirage–This Gobi Desert multiplayer map utilises sand dunes to provide different levels of elevation and a sanctuary in the centre as a natural chokepoint.
• Zombies – Die Rise–The Zombie apocalypse has invaded China, turning down town into a dilapidated and dangerous MC Escher painting.
• Peacekeeper SMG–This impressive sub-machine gun fills the open weapon slot in your load-out with power and accuracy.
Meanwhile, the new gametype is called “Turned” puts players in the rotting skin of a zombie trying to hunt down the lone human survivor. Take the survivor out and you get a turn to see how long you can live.
Treyarch has also scheduled a double weapon XP weekend for “Black Ops II” starting Friday at 10 a.m. PST that runs all the way through to the same time on Monday morning.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.