The 85th Annual Academy Awards aired last evening, Feb. 24, and the Hair and Nails examiner has the best celebrity hairstyles from Oscar’s red carpet, suiting a vast array of lengths and perfect for any formal occasion.
Up-dos, old Hollywood glamour and pixies were most popular on Oscar’s red carpet, with buns being the celebrity hairstyle du jour, however, not every up-do was a hit. Pictured in the slideshow are the best celebrity hairstyles, short, up and in between from Oscar’s red carpet.
Best Up-Dos on the Red Carpet
- Amy Adams wore a classic French Twist.
- Expectant mother Jenna Dewan posed with a loosely coiffed modern up-do.
- Kristin Chenoweth donned an iconic bun.
- Youngest ever Oscar nominee Quvenzhane Wallis wore an up-do with curls, perfect for Communions and flower girls.
- Nicole Kidman stunned in a loose, sexy low bun put together with twists of hair.
- Stacy Keibler shone in a faux bob.
- And the best dressed Oscar winner, including the top spot for celebrity hairstyle goes to Jennifer Lawrence.
Best Short and Sexy Pixies
- Halle Berry can rock any look and her tousled short haircut is hot.
- Anne Hathaway’s locks may be growing back after her “Les Misérables” chop, but the short-cropped look works well with her features
- Charlize Theron’s pixie highlights the star’s elegant neck.
Old Hollywood Glamour
- Reese Witherspoon was this professional’s favorite celebrity hairstyle of the Oscars, exuding old Hollywood glamour.
- During her red carpet interview, Oscar nominee Jessica Chastain mentioned the look she wanted to achieve was classic Hollywood and did she ever with her smooth and sexy waves.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones wore a similar celebrity hairstyle to the actresses above; however, she altered the style by using a center part.
The best celebrity hairstyles from Oscar’s red carpet run the gamut, but the two optimal looks, in this writer’s opinion, go to Jennifer Lawrence and Reese Witherspoon.
, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA snaptwig.com.
For more Hair & Nails information from the author, click subscribe or follow Deirdre on Twitter, like her on Facebook, read her blog or email her any comments or questions to DeirdreAHaggerty@gmail.com.