The Atkins Diet™, perhaps known for the low carb snack bars, introduced its new line of nine frozen meals in January 2013. Incorporated into these dishes are foods high in lean protein as well as sauces that are made with natural butter and cream. The frozen meals can be used for any of the four stages of the Atkins weight loss strategy, making them very convenient for the average person. Each of them is different in terms of the protein and the taste. This selection allows you to obtain something that you can enjoy whatever your taste preference might be.
Each of the frozen meals for this low carb diet have certain features in common:
1. The proteins do not contain filler.
2. Each meal includes top quality vegetables.
3. There are no preservatives or sugars added.
4. The number of carbs per meal ranges between 4 and 7 grams.
Even though there are nine of these frozen meals for the Atkins Diet™, they are divided into two different categories. Two of the meals are more suitable for breakfast whereas the other seven are designed for lunch and dinner.
1. Farmhouse-Style Sausage Scramble: scrambled eggs, sausage, American cheese, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, and onions, with a total of 22 grams of protein.
2. Tex-Mex Scramble: scrambled eggs with Chorizo sausage and American cheese. These items are accompanied by tomatoes and mild green chili peppers. There are 22 grams of protein in this meal.
Lunch and Dinner Options
1. Beef Merlot: beef marinated in a Merlot wine sauce accompanied by florets of broccoli. There are 16 grams of protein present.
2. Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo: white chicken meat that has been grilled along with broccoli in a Parmesan-Romano Alfredo cheese sauce. This meal offers 26 grams of protein.
3. Chili Con Carne: USDA ground beef with tomatoes, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and chili sauce. Cheddar cheese is placed on top for a final touch. There are 24 grams of protein in this dish.
4. Crustless Chicken Pot Pie: white meat chicken breast accompanied by cauliflower and broccoli plus carrots and spinach. These ingredients are placed in a sherry and herb cream sauce. The meal offers 22 grams of protein.
5. Italian Sausage Primavera: Italian sausage that is custom made, along with green beans, spinach, and cauliflower. These foods are accompanied by a Parmesan Romano cheese and red pepper sauce. There are 16 grams of protein in this meal.
6. Meatloaf with Portobello Mushroom Gravy: meatloaf that has been covered with Portobello mushroom gravy. Also present are pieces of cauliflower, green beans, and zucchini. This dish contains 23 grams of protein.
7. Roast Turkey Tenders with Herb Pan Gravy: sliced turkey with gravy made with the thyme and rosemary. This is accompanied by green beans and bell peppers. There are 23 grams of protein in this meal.
Choosing the Atkins Diet™
There are different levels of carbohydrates that you can choose to consume with the Atkins Diet™ as a whole, thus allowing you to use a plan that is more appropriate for your body type and workout regime. Through these options, this strategy has helped many individuals achieve their target weight loss. By following a well-balanced healthy diet with lean protein and plenty of vegetables, you too can lose weight. Such frozen meals from Atkins are designed to help you with this part of the lifestyle change that is required to become healthier.