The New Year New You mantra has been thrown around so much it’s virtually impossible to ignore the idea of beginning a fresh new beauty routine even if just for fun. Now, more than ever, would be the perfect time to clear your medicine cabinet and stock up on some beauty supplies.
If your not one who follows the traditional beauty guidelines; cleanse, tone then moisturize you could start up now and reap the benefits later. When starting any new routine the general rule of thumb is to begin in steps. You want to start off slowly then build momentum as time passes along–your skin will thank you for it in the long run.
Here are 7 beauty New Year’s Resolution that are a sure fire way of keeping you refined, refreshed and beautiful…
1. Exfoliation. If you never exfoliated in your life then you could start now and still get amazing results. Exfoliation is a deep cleansing of the skin that removes excess dirt, grime and other unwanted particles. You can exfoliate the skin by steaming the face once per week then applying an exfoliating mask. St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub $6 drugstore.com
2. DIY eyebrows. Instead of wasting money at the salon you can learn to pluck your own eyebrows using a tweezer. Youtube has many useful tutorials on how you can achieve the arch look, press play and go for it. Revlon slant tip tweezer silver $3 walgreens.com
3. Cleanse your skin. Washing your face twice a day will help to ensure that your face is clean, clear and free from all of the pollutants that plague the skin throughout the day.
Clinique Wash Away gel cleanser $20 sephora.com
4. Discover your signature scent. Practically every fashion enthusiast has a signature scent, that smell that is instantly identifiable. If you don’t have one yet, sample a few fragrances in store and find the one that speaks to your personality and personal style. May I recommend
Prada Milano Infusion d’Iris $80 sephora.com
5. Add Olive Oil to your beauty routine. Olive oil is a natural cure for all things dry. In addition to using it for cooking, it is also practical for your hair, skin and nails and provides maximum results. Trader Joe’s California Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil $20 Trader Joe’s stores
6. Incorporate natural and organic based products into your routine. Did you know that lemon juice is an instant skin brightener? Or that raw honey can be used as a mild antiseptic treatment? Nature is filled will things that can be put to use on your skin to your advantage. Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum $34 drugstore.com
7. Drink plenty of H20– Here is an instant beauty secret that many people seldom think of, but it actually works wonders for your skin. Drinking a healthy amount of water per day will revitalize and replenish your skin and create a more youthful look. Not only is water good for your skin it is also essential to your health. Start hydrating your skin by drinking 8 cups of water a day. Poland Spring distilled water $8.24 sears.com (pack of 6)