2013 is the year of the Water Snake. Because of lunar dating, the first day of the Chinese year can fall anywhere between late January and the mid-February. On the Western calendar, the 2013 Chinese New Year begins on Sunday, Feb.10 and ends Jan. 30, 2014.
The animals of Chinese astrology, like houses of the zodiac in Western astrology, dictate personality traits and predict world events for the year they rule. If you were born in 1917, 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, you were born in the Year of the Snake. Some of the most physically beautiful women and most powerful men are born under the sign of the Snake.
Snake and those born under compatible signs (Rooster and Ox) benefit from good fortune during a Snake year. In 2013, Snake shines both personally and profesionally and can expect good fortune in relationships. Obstacles experienced in 2012 are easily overcome in 2013. Financially, Snake does best in the second half of the year.
2013 flows at a a much slower pace than 2012, the year of the Dragon. For all signs during a Snake year, inner growth, spirituality, and discovering the hidden meanings of things come to the forefront.
Animal sign forecasts for 2013
- Chatty Rat: Secrets abound this year for Rat. As Rats often encounter financial snarls in Snake years, this not a good year to start a new business. Rat should keep assets out of sight or hidden to discourage envy and theft.
- Sturdy Ox: The Ox and Snake are good friends, and so the slower pace of 2013 suits Ox. Family difficulties, the only bump in the road, may trigger the Ox temper. Be tolerant of those who do not share your opinion and values. Tricky legal matters could hurt you financially.
- Terrific Tiger: Tiger may find this Snake year slow and boring at times. Extreme caution should be used to prevent a love affair from turning into a scandal. Tigers in the entertainment industry are favored in Snake years, especially female Tigers.
- Reticent Rabbit/Cat: 2013 is an exceptional year for peace-loving Rabbit with business travel prominent. A career change improves finances. Domestic problems are few. This is a lucky year for speculation especially from Aug 2013 to Jan 2014.
- Candid Dragon: Dragon finds Snake years mellow. Even though life’s pace slows down, Dragon’s world remains as unpredictable as ever, though they usually land on their feet. Outspoken Dragon should listen to all sides of an issue before passing judgment, and think before speaking.
- Deep-thinking Snake: 2013 will be memorable, with high, highs and low, lows. Others find Snake’s physical beauty and wisdom intoxicating, and sensual Snake charms love interests as never before. “Love at first sight” not advised.
- Outgoing Horse: Infatuations are many for Horse, as it is an exciting yet crazy year for love. Freedom loving Horse has to make decisions as new doors open. Horse will whinny with delight at developments in professional life.
- Imaginative Goat: New challenges and travel for business are in the wind. Guard valuables and luggage while traveling. Financially, Goat rises to former status, but expenses may drain cash flow. Influential and social contacts figure strongly.
- Mischievous Monkey: A Snake year stimulates Monkey’s quick-wit and sense of humor and others take notice. Should a hint of infidelity raise its ugly head, run don’t walk to the nearest exit. Physical exercise is a must.
- Classy Rooster: Stylish Rooster is center stage in 2013. Marital or family difficulties may arise. If so, be tactful and avoid personal disagreements. A journey, move, or change in family structure could be the solution to job related matters.
- Sharp-eyed Dog: Dog bounces back from a rough 2012. Pleasure and earthy sexuality replace pessimism and worry. Loyalty and skepticism figure prominently. Improving the fate others brings happiness. Love finds you when you least expect it.
- Agreeable Pig: Shrewd marketing of a product or project change Pig’s financial future bringing success in career matters. Travel may be required. It is a romantically turbulent time, possiby involving deception. Character and honesty will be tested. April to July is not good for litigation. .
Gong Xi Fa Cai! “May your year be fortunate.”
Feel free to post your comments below. If you would like a FREE subscription and receive regular updates from this author, click SUBSCRIBE at the top of the page.
- Happy Chinese New Year 2013, Year of the Water Snake: Gung Hay Fat Choy! (Photos)
- Most admired in 2012 President Barack Obama and Sec of State Hillary Clinton (Photos)
- Black-Eyed Children, don’t invite them into your home (Photos)